or Connect

Posts by thataveragejoe

Don' really care about the 'spats' now that Google owns Nest or the fanboys who suddenly think they are evil and ripping them off the walls because Apple didn't close the deal first.   I have two, both have worked very well with no problems and I quite like them and will continue to do so. Don't see the fuss. 
 While certainly true in the grand scheme, that's a non sequitur here, this article (aka the same weekly DED verbal flooding drum beat) and comments are about the performance of two devices. All I said is performance the gap has closed to the point for most people this is splitting hairs, even if clearly on paper, Apple is ahead. I should assume you must agree if you are moving the goal posts back to profits.  Previous decisions? Apple had another app on Android? or...
 You obviously have no idea what I am talking about or just clueless. Your analogy makes no sense. Is Ford making Sync for Mercedes? You're trying to argue Fram makes oil filters for one and not the other which isn't even what I was getting. Full stop. 
Of course the marriage of hardware and software under one roof is going to give a better experience. Water is also wet and death a certainty. The question is so what? The gap has closed significantly, objectively. Most of these games play fine on either device for most people. You probably couldn't pay the average Joe consumer to read an article like this. It's beginning to sound like the xbox v playstation argument... And for the Apple][ of the world...if Android is so...
Another swing for the fences call by DED rooted in baseless opinions with some logic, doesn't make it any more credible than the original rumor.   I too remember the overly verbose articles when there was no way Apple would ever go near Intel chips, rear cameras on iPads, NFC in devices, music subscriptions, Android can't survive, Samsung will be dead, Apple will win e-books, no stock dividend, Android Android...and on.   Arguing against technology and progress is...
 Probably. Small chance it's the last push of Yosemite, if not maybe one more. Most of the team is probably working on El Capitan. 
We'll see how it goes. Many people I know don't dig too far deep in to ANY streaming service...simply because of data caps, and most of the time spent listening to music is away from Wifi. I don't care how old the clip is, Steve was still probably right - at the core people would still rather own music, it's new music discovery where streaming has an edge.   The presentation wasn't great, but it wasn't awful either. Iovine seemed out of place on an Apple stage, and too...
I don't know that I'd go so far as calling it shameful, but it certainly comes off as cheap - like they would rather nickel and dime you over something that should be a seamless experience. 5GB isn't enough.    I certainly agree with some points made and not others.   1) To me, device backups should not count towards the cap. Penalizing folks for having multiple devices makes no sense to the strategy.  2) Free tier should double to 10GB.    Those two would be a big...
12:01a PT/3:01 ET order confirmation for my 42 SS SBL. Still processing, no charge, no update. 4-6 weeks from the get go.  Sounds more like supply to me.
 Nothing, really. It's just all in the facial expression and body language, didn't look like he was up for him piping up at all.