or Connect

Posts by thataveragejoe

Intel had/has an ARM license post the Marvell divestiture, just never used it. I could have sworn I read they transferred it last year though.    What are you saying? Intel's market cap is ~108 billion. Accidental decimal?
Interestingly Tim quipped that doesn't like the falling stock - but  went on to say it's about the long term. This makes sense for the most part except stock options make good Silicon Valley compensation packages, especially for the highly coveted people. It looks less appealing when it's falling.   More interestingly to me he made a comment to say they don't have their heads in the sand on Samscum, that there are things they could do, but it wouldn't be good for Apple....
It's such an obvious rip off (Down to the COLORS in the icon) there are no words...alright maybe one: shameless? Yikes. At least we can be sure the Xerox machines in Samsung's HQ are in good working order. Doesn't Apple have a patent on Passbook??
The only way this would work is if they fork it in such a way they could work a deal with Amazon for their App Store. Otherwise, why bother? As we all know, ecosystem is the key. If there's no developer support they're just as DOA as the Blackberry and Windows Phone reboots. Is a consumer going to buy a frankenphone with Bing Search, Amazon Apps, ?? for maps...they'd be really stupid to. I don't think that's the issue, the issue is money, ad money. Would love to see them...
Great, another useless thread to continue the rampant trolling and bashing in all directions. Yawn.
  ^This. I'm more curious why Apple tried to bundle it in the first place. The SEC rules on this are pretty clear.  (I don't support the plan and will in no way vote for it)
  For the record actually all LTE phones on Verizon support SV&D with LTE except the iPhone 5. It would need a second cellular antenna (one for CDMA and one for LTE) not 3. 3 (2 CDMA, one GSM) would allow it to do V&D over 3G, which only a handful of other Verizon LTE phones can handle. Obviously this is just how Apple chose to handle its integrated antenna design. With VoLTE launching on Verizon later this year, you're right in that it will probably go away in the next...
    Because someone might want to? When's choice a bad thing when it has zero impact on you...
  The beauty is, it's there, invisibly, and no one's forcing you to use it. So who gives a damn?   They will sell zero of these.
  You're a simple minded fool if you believe this. Just because 90% of the world does simple work or basic application doesn't mean something like Java in it's entirety is lazy. I'd love for you to walk downstairs and tell the guys on the floor below me (some of the best in the business) they are all lazy keeping nearly a billion dollars worth of global applications running 24/7.   Nevermind go any further than skin deep in the SAP world and you'll be in a sea of Java.