or Connect

Posts by thataveragejoe

Yet again, as been the case for the last 2 years of this regurgitation...source? Everyone loves to say it, but where are they?
 Google Now works on any Android phone, 4.1+. Since technically there's an iOS version of it, and no Siri for Android, there's clearly more Google Now capable devices in the big picture. As for platform vs platform at this juncture it's probably a slight lead for Siri depending on how you want to size the global market which is obviously a heated topic by itself. iPhone 4 which is still pretty common doesn't have Siri, and ~56% of Android devices are 4.1+
While you can convert back and forth between mini/micro whatever, the other end for the host is nearly always Type A receptacle, no? Audio is definitely out, there's a ton of TS connectors, just because 3.5mm is common on mobile now, doesn't make it the only or universal, and I think the discussion revolves around digital data connections here generally anyway. RJ-45 though, could be the winner. Good call.
 And yet you still can't even go Thunderbolt to lightning (and probably never will). That's the point. Thunderbolt devices (capacity relies on the underlying mini Display Port) require a chip on the other end, so not really that universal, no, but they are one size. Lightning is proprietary from the start, so that's as good as saying some Nokia or samsung crap phone connector is universal cause it's one size and...Of course that fact that Lightning only works with a USB...
Not much to comprehend, unless you fail to understand the definition of universal. You called it the least universal port ever, yet despite the obvious evidence to the contrary, that everything from 30pin and lightning cables to proprietary connectors to USBs own connectors plug into it you seem to feel otherwise. What's the most universal connector then, outside of an electrical socket? VGA? CAT? HDMI and Display port have mini versions too, let's not get started on...
 So the fact that all of those will connect in a type A socket means that they're not universal?  News to me.  Guess no one told you your fancy new Lightning Cable is really USB too. Oops.
 Least universal??? How so? Pure stupidity. 
FACT:Verizon remained the largest US carrier without the iPhone. In fact by and large they continued to add customers every quarter during their time without it. Go ahead Daniel, prove me wrong. You were the one who wrote leaving in droves... Not me. I don't want some analysts models. Cold hard facts. I would wager if Apple had launched the iPhone on both carriers there would have been no Droid in 2009 on Verizon and Google would have been left playing with itself on...
False. Device manager is based on Google Play Services which is updated quietly all the time. Device Manager supports Android 2.2 and higher. 
 What? Verizon has been the largest carrier by subscriber in the US since 2008 (and 2004 prior). Facts do not support the conclusion. Source? I thought no one wanted those crappy Android devices, now they're being rampantly stolen? Android has device manager built in to remote lock and wipe your phone much like find my iPhone. It's not an activation lock, but if your device (regardless what) is stolen, it's gone, If reported to your carrier it's blacklisted so what's the...