or Connect

Posts by thataveragejoe

There is absolutely no fact to this rumor. None. It is pure internet conjecture up there with the Apple TV set. Reporting it is fact is not even journalism now matter how many times you repeat it, is still just a lie, making this whole thing an editorial.  Samsung went with Tizen for the Gear 2 largely because they had to; their own extension of Android was deplorable the first go around (as was that POS of a product) , and they insisted launching another one before...
You mean... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/17/original/be5a8ebu.jpg
I would yes, my point holds for any cloud. Though docs are typically smaller in size and trivial, the same points apply. By and large media (pictures, music, videos) take up the most space on any mobile device, typically GBs at a time... the concept of using a cloud to store and push/pull all that as a primary alternative to local storage, when most data plans are a a few GBs a month makes no sense to me. Am I supposed to preplan all my stuff for a flight? Strategize for...
 You are actually incorrect for the record. Amazon is littered with reviews of all kinds of devices for the 128GB both old and new. Cards were released after device documentation you link to was tested or written.  
My actual take away, given the chart, is that a base install of iOS and Android take up about the same amount of space as the two flagships, the Nexus 5 and iPhone 5S give you 12.2xGB space available.
Since local storage is always available and high speed transfer, it pretty clearly trumps expensive carrier data caps, hunting for wifi or waiting for things to upload/download, regardless of whether it's built in storage or an SD card. Carriers want you to use the cloud, they see $$.  
This has gone on in storage forever, it's hardly new. Are people still outraged their laptop drives aren't the full available space 20 years later? My rMBP had quite a bit less than 'advertised' out of the box especially with a recovery partition. I expected it. It doesn't matter who's logo is on the outside, it's just how it works.   Now having nearly half the space in the S4 taken up by system is laughably bad / near inexcusable still, but intentionally left out of the...
It stuck around this long as Apple had enterprise level buying for them for education, meeting center scheduling, medical applications and point of sale systems - based around the old connector hardwired in to the infrastructure and custom uses. Sure it may seem not a big deal for basic/prosumer use cases, but for others it matters. Going forward I doubt older models will stick around as long now.  
 Actually that's pretty much utter crap. It's very much 'tightly integrated' into your Google big brother account and it's on by default. You actually have to go out of your way in initial setup to turn it off.  The only exception is certain 3rd party app data, which is up to developers to decide how it's handled. The linked site is a near unknown SEO blog spam site making the whole thing transparently a stretch. No doubt someone like LeBron probably had a legal team...
 Sooo more assumptions that may or may not be tied to public facts (because we all know every company is so black and white transparent with their accounting records...) predicates this entire piece? What is this Android activation math? Then it ends by spinning away others numbers and follows that by directly extrapolating the amount 'allegedly' spent directly to sales and profit impacts? ...Seriously?  Yawn. Next.