or Connect

Posts by thataveragejoe

Pot, meet kettle?           Well as long as I'm still still a slave to the cable box, my home sound system, and blu-ray player that's really all it will be, regardless if I can wave, dance, sing, yell, moan at it. The average person currently sees their TV as a big screen to view everything else, and that's about it.           I'd genuinely like to HOPE so, someone does need to change the model but I don't see it happening, yet anyway, see above.   The TV space, much like...
Panasonic just reported a 10.2 billion dollar loss on their TV business and decline in sales by 40%. Samsung spun off their display unit. Sony is floundering. Sharp isn't doing well either...This is a very low margin business with a race to the bottom. Why would Apple want to get involved? A TV is not a bi-annual gadget. 
This is news because Apple wasn't following the local law. In fact this very article suggests they dragged their feet with the iPad as they changed the iPhone policy a year ago, so they knew what they were doing. If there's another company not doing it, they should be called out too, but I don't see any listed in the report. ...Also probably worth just ignoring zzzzzzzzz as his posts are as such.
They may need to have the iPhone ready by September, but I don't see it launching until October. 
Population of China: ~ 1,340,000,000 Population of US: ~313,000,000   Yep, only an obvious matter of time.
^This exactly. Amazon also promotes scanning barcodes from stores to comparison shop. This is all about Target v Amazon, nothing more. Nothing to do with Apple, Kindle sales, tablets or any other conspiracy theory.
  Source in black and white please? Nowhere does it spell out HSPA+ as 4G. I only see this in a press release, which is hardly some standard.   "ITU has determined that “LTE-Advanced” and “WirelessMAN-Advanced” should be accorded the official designation of IMT-Advanced. As the most advanced technologies currently defined for global wireless mobile broadband communications, IMT-Advanced is considered as “4G”, although it is recognized that this term, while undefined, may...
    There is NO standard international definition. That is a big part of the problem. There is a guideline that can be interpreted to allow HSPA+ and LTE  to be 4G but nothing more. In fact none of them are REALLY 4G. Only LTE-Advanced is. LTE is truly 3.9G
    Pretty closed minded, no?. The e-reader market is huge, iPad isn't the answer to everything. There's plenty of people that don't want all the noise of a tablet and just a nice e-reader. I know people WITH iPads that would rather read e-ink for long stretches rather than LCD. What's next, chuckling at people who enjoy reading physical books too?
  His remaining shares will continue to vest in the amount of 20,000 each year on April 20.   It's less than 5 years till he gets all of it, not really that long.