or Connect

Posts by thataveragejoe

I agree with SolipsismX here. Ignorance can't be bliss. It's not about wanting developers with ethics, it's about not having to worry about the issue at all, and wondering if Apple did their diligence in vetting an app.
See? Problem solved simply enough.
"IEEE went on to suggest that the high number of infected apps and smartphones was a consequence of a lack of understanding by the public regarding cyber-security."Yes, we all know there's supposedly bad apps out there...if you sideload suspicious apps (not in Google Market), bypass security, ignore warnings, and run them anyway you'll (may) be infected. Ingenious. Same could be said for PC malware. Where's the outrage of users of stolen info? Where are big app developers...
Source? Proof? Relevant to an iOS issue and letter to Apple only how? ...what I thought. Case closed.
Nothing about this story/article has ANYTHING to do with Android. Bringing it up is simply trolling. This letter is just a publicity stunt and overblown, but there still is an issue that should be addressed.
Boohoo. This has nothing to do with Android, WP7, webOS, RIM or anyone else. That's a typical deflection argument when something is wrong and you want to avoid an uncomfortable topic. Android at least tells you on app installation what it's using including the address book.That is the crux of the whole issue. Well said.
That's pure deflection of the iOS issue at hand. Android apps also UP FRONT on installation tell you which permissions the app will be using, including the address book. If you don't read and just accept and continue that's your problem.
This post is horrendously misleading. The linked FT article explains it much better. All this is, is what to do with the remains of the joint venture with Sony that no longer exists. Attaching it to another Samsung division is just rearranging the deck chairs. Not much to read into here.
While what this guy says wreaks of arrogance and shortsightedness on the big picture, he's also essentially correct. Apple doesn't make screens, and generally as of now Samsung makes the best TVs. I think it's more a shot across the bow at LG, Sharp and Sony than Apple directly. Picture quality doesn't have to be everything but right now that's the largest factor along with cost for a new TV, and if Apple comes up with something that changes how we perceive the TV,...
Don't misconstrue my point. Intel is concerned about ARM but not because of some stunt supposedly pulled by Apple about one line of PCs, they are still small in Intel's big picture. Intel is primarily concerned about never cracking the booming smartphone and embedded devices market and Windows making the big leap to ARM this year. Intel does have an ARM license though. Be funny if at some point they use it.