or Connect

Posts by thataveragejoe

That's cost increases internally not appraised externally. Think of it as the difference between Margin Dollars and Margin %. In other words if I increase the rate of tax on income they owe, that will hit the Margin %, and in turn mean less margin dollars per unit. What will happen to protect those Margin % rates is the fixed cost of the item paid by the consumer goes up to cover the increases. 
It's specifically shipped to channel, not sold, so it's a useless number. ...and obviously you didn't really look since it took 1.5 seconds to find.    http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/15/galaxy-s4-sales-6-million/
  I think if you're paying 650k you're not exactly worried about that. 
  Can't believe it took 16 posts for this to get called out. 
Note: These minimum screen sizes were not as well defined prior to Android 3.0, so you may encounter some devices that are mis-classified between normal and large. These are also based on the physical resolution of the screen, so may vary across devices http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html   The metrics are generalities, not exacts. You can even see in the included image there's a good sized overlap a little beyond 4in, which is where...
    Samsung Group the conglomerate is private. Many of the subsidiaries are publicly traded companies. The most obvious is Samsung Electronics (being discussed here) which encompasses most of the consumer facing elements of Samsung. Samsung Electronics trades on the Korean exchange as well as ADR in London. There's been chatter about bringing it to the NASDAQ on and off in recent years. Samsung Life (Insurance), Engineering, Techwin, and Heavy Industries are also all...
  Nonsense. The iPad mini exists for that exact reason and sells tremendously well. 
Surprisingly some good convo going on here. The stock's basically flat now afterhours after a dip and jump as things get digested.   It basically breaks (through Wall St logic) like this:   The good: Dividend increase; thankfully don't have to hear about that anymore. beat earnings; in a barrage of rumors and negativity this was awesome. solid Chinese growth; WS always watching China...in line with rest of company   The Meh: Stock buyback; some called for it...
The LCD screens in the 'jumbo' HTC phones of today pumping out 1920x1080 at a true 440+ ppi (the One is an insane 468ppi) made in part by the same suppliers as the iPhone screens essentially negates his entire point. Unless he's talking form factor, battery life, or some other screen related piece that's not the screen itself, I'm at a loss. The actual LCD tech is there, today. Samsung's AMOLED panels are still pure saturated trash. 
My iPad 2 is getting long in the tooth for sure, been holding out for the next one, so this all sounds great to me. I really like where it's headed.