or Connect

Posts by ham_bone

thanks, i figure the 64 is way overkill and am leaning more towards the 16gb. just dont wanna be stuck without enough memory. i figured more people would have similar problems.
since buying my parents an ipad2 for xmas and playing with it enough to realize i want one, i have decided to grab (when available) the "new ipad" for my household. My only concern is which size to get? it will be used by me, the wife & our 2 boys. This is going to be for entertainment/web surfing only because i have a macbook, everyone else has a laptop and are going to get a "family" imac when i finish some renovations at home. i bought my parents a 16gb and even with...
we have 3 4s' in the house and i have a bunch of friends who have them and none of us have had poor battery life (k.o.w) if anything the battery life is really impressive. my brother in law has gone through 2 of the "best android on the market" since i got my 4s because he has nothing but battery problems with them (4g). we have "raced" the phones loading up sites and the 4s usually wins but i have vz and they have the best coverage in our area by far. Still, he wont...
ok, not a complete meltdown but the wifes VZ iphone 4s had a malfunction? phone had a 95% charge about two hours after coming off the charger. she then noticed that she could feel the heat through her sweatshirt pocket & the phones otterbox defender case. she took the case off and said she couldnt hold the phone because it was so hot. the screen was black and completely unresponsive. about an hour i held the phone and couldnt believe how hot it still was. we let it cool...
so 26% of buyers consider it a cheaper, good enough for now alternative to ipad2? that sounds about right and i wouldve assumed more. wait til holiday shopping kicks in and sales on these new "enhanced e-readers" start increasing. between the new, less expensive & more competitive offerings from manufacturers, coupled with the ipad2's position in its life cycle during peak shopping season, apple may lose out quite a bit. but do they care about that segment? i dont think so.
dont fall for it jag.. if you notice, there is a trend of confrontation and argument rather than discussion and criticism from some people on this site.
i obviously dont think the ipad2 will stop working when the 3 comes out but am merely expressing an opinion that i would like to see apple launch new products at times that line up more with when they would be in highest demand. it just doesnt make a ton of sense to me why they dont. thats all, sorry if my post upset you like apparently most things you comment on do. i feel bad for you but dont worry, it wont wont affect me. holiday season: ipads, ipods, apple tv summer...
all things d is reporting that apple's ipad 3 is already going into production and an early 2012 launch is predicted. this sucks! i wanted to buy the family an ipad2 for xmas but will be pissed if 3months later the ipad3 comes out! doesnt apple know when the holiday season is? wtf. they should do the ipad & ipod launches in fall for holiday shoppers and the iphone launches in spring/summer. this isnt rocket science.
i am planning on picking up a tablet for xmas. was going to get an ipad2 for the family but think i am just going to get the wife an e reader and wait for an ipad3. only worried they will flub that the way they did today.
i agree. almost an utter disappointment in the iphone department. they could have at least made an attempt to improve the esthetics of the 4s to separate it further from the 4. i remember reading a rumor about an aluminum backplate that had a tapered edge and subtle curve similar to the ipad2. i do like the looks of ios5 and think it is a proper update. the subtle upgrade to the nano and lower price point was nice too. not a homerun for apples 1st event post jobs era,...