or Connect

Posts by ham_bone

i would not be surprised if the iphone 4s gains a5, bigger screen & world mode and becomes the flagship iphone while that tapered designed phone could be a basic iphone to replace the 3gs. (i personally would like to see an phone that does not require a data plan)
agree that multiple sourcing is a good idea to keep component prices down. but if apple can do it more "in house" and not have to deal with their competitors while still maintaining a good price, that would hurt samsung. that said, its sounding less "in house" and is now more like a huge preorder for sharp screens. but for what? retina ipad, iphones, or an apple tv?
agree "iphone touch" sounds stupid. however, i have to disagree about an iphone w/ only wifi. the majority of "cell phones" sold globally are not "smart phones" that require a data plan. sure, mobil internet access at all times is/would be nice, but for most its an unnecessary feature at an equally unnecessary expense. apple would be entering into a huge (easy to dominate) portion of the phone market by assembling a basic phone that would also do everything an ipod touch...
this move could make huge sense for apple. high end screens for all their devices and possibly a big step toward an apple brand tv. could be a big kick in the nuts to samsung too.
think it would be good to see a more basic iphone that did not require a data plan but still had wifi! i would buy 4 that day! i cannot justify the $120/month for my family to have a data plan when we all have access to the internet at work/school and at home every day. we would love an iphone for calling & texting that would also perform functions of an ipod touch. the cost of the device (especially when subsidized) isnt the deal breaker, its the unnecessary data plans....
not the case. we have great signal with verizon on other devices but the iphone is significantly worse and it drops calls with more frequency. i didnt believe it until i saw it myself 1st hand. i have a crappy samsung slider phone that gets much better reception than my friends iphone and i can make/receive calls with 1 bar of signal while he can only text. i am a fan of apple products and am not bashing but pointing out an obvious issue. i am sure not the 1st to complain...
i live/work in an area where verizon has better coverage than att. so, when verizon got the iphone4 i was ready to make the jump (even though i cant justify a data plans price for myself). i figured i'd wait to see if it had any bugs 1st as it wasnt something i had to have. i am glad i did. three close friends who live and work in the same area have all said the reception sucks compared to their other phones. only one went back to his blackberry but both others have said...
agree. success of itunes and appstore and the blatant copying of them shows why a well made tv with an apple tv "store" should make those companies nervous.
just read this on another apple site: "It has been speculated that a possible networked television set from Apple won’t gain traction due to vendors going after each other’s throat with low-priced commodity products that yield very slim margins. This would force Apple out of the entry- to mid-level range and the company would price itself even out of the premium segment, conventional wisdom has it. Then again, wasn’t the mobile landscape riddled with same barriers to entry...
i wanna see them in person. i like the idea of the polycarbonate vs rubber like the tiktok & lunatik. i cant stand rubber bands. i usually wear titanium watches, but havent found a titanium band for the nano. i tried on a clear polycarbonate watch a few years ago and it felt ok.