or Connect

Posts by mcsjgs

That was interesting.
What are the ways to make an auto shutdown script in 10.3.7? Any pointers appreciated. Thnx Edited for speling Edited Again: I should have been a bit more clear. I want to clear out all caches when shutting down. Is there a flush command for a global cache cleanout? Shell? Applescript? Machine language? Just kidding. A man page pointer would be well thought of.
The more I learn about Tiger from the people who know on this board, the more I really want it. Looks like a major advance for Apple.
Pls we want 1.3 and 2.0. Need it.
Looks like Ric at Macintouch has already started a nice thread on this topic. Hmmm.
I have had some serious problems installing PGP 8.1 on a G4 running 10.3.7. The program installs OK up to the point of sending the key to PGP's server. Then it just gets a spinning barber pole. My system says it's going out over Port 80, but I get odd quick flashing screens talking about Port 392. What's up with that? If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it. I need the PGP for project access. Yes, I've contacted PGP customer support and am awaiting a callback from...
Thomas, I'd like to help, but I haven't touched a Windows machine since 1995. I'm sure someone here can give you an answer. Edited
Thanks, Streamer, but this is an old post, and I did do what you suggested. I solved it by a clean reinstall. Thanks tho Edited: I had to do a clean reinstall because I foolishly screwed up the Netinfo database. Plus I wanted to see what a clean reinstall was like in preparation for Tiger. End compulsive need to share mode.
That's a good idea. Perhaps after all the Macworld dust settles? The more I think about this, the more I think it's needed. But it's a very big job, and would probably end up as mostly open source programs. I'm willing to go for it, but it won't be built in a day.
Mine is at 2% on a dual G4 making this post. Edited: Spiked to 10.4 % when I pushed the submit button. Then back to almost zero. In loading ipodlounge.com, it shot up to 48% for about 2 seconds.