or Connect

Posts by Chikara

I just remembered the last issue of macworld had a special on powerbooks and traveling ect. The lock they recommended was the PC Guardian combolock($40 or so). They said that it was the best one since most other brands are easy to open up with just a paper clip or something. The next choice for me would be the kensington I guess because they are so well known for their locks. But I agree on primarily it would be anything just as a visual deterrent. Considering my...
reg: I checked the site but I fly JAL usually so they didn't have a listing for them. Also I agree on the noise cancelling head phones. My Dad travels once a month so he has amassed a collection of head phones and I use his older Bose set now. Works good and really helps on the plane. Cosmonut: I have never shopped for a lock like that before. Can you recommend any? sounds like something I could use because now I pretty much pack up my whole bag every time I go to...
I checked out the mouse and I think I will give it a shot. On a side note, I wish my flights were like yours! :-D having a seat next to you open. Lately with the changes in flights coming and going(also since I am in hawaii). Every flights i have been on pretty much for the 21st century has been packed :-D
the same problems are coming up for me with the dictionary thing. I gave up already because its a function I doubt I would use regularly. One problem that REALLY does affect me is the new use for apple/commd + spacebar. This brings up spotlight now. In panther it would switch my language settings from the little american flag to my japanese. Now everytime I want to switch languages on the go I need to click the little flag by the time and date(top right hand...
Any pbook or ibook users buy extra battery(s)? I just bought a 15inch pbook 1.67. I originally was going to spend about 2300 after my student disscount. However the apple store no longer customizes pbooks other then adding ram. So instead of getting my pbook with a 128mbVRAM card, 512ram, 80gig hd. I had to either get the 64 VRAM with my other settings, or get the 128mb vram, with 1gig ram, 100gig hD. I wasn't about to waste money on apple ram so I saved up. Now I...
this is something I also would really like to know. I always figured with lithium ion batterys you charge it all the way and kill it a couple times. At least that is why verizon always tells me with my cellphones ect. So even for my canon camera I have always done this type of thing. I would be surpised to hear that you are not supposed to.
Does the VRAM make a big difference in a powerbook? I watch a lot of videos and I want them to be smooth. Eventually I plan to buy a 20inch Cinema display and use that while I am at home. But for now I just want to make sure I will be able to view pretty much anything smoothly. Since upgrading the harddrive to 100gig from 80gig or the VRAM from 64 to 128 cost the same. What do you think is more important?
yeah, now i remember everything well, I bought two 512 crucial pc2700 for my G5 from newegg a year ago. Thanks for the reminder :-D I am sure I will order from newegg again because I like their service. Just to seal the deal...is installing ram in a powerbook easy? I am pretty sure i will be getting either a 15inch pbook or a 14inch ibook. If teh ibook only has that one slot I might just order the ram through apple to save me trouble since the price difference...
I plan on getting a 15inch powerbook or a 14inch ibook. What type of ram would I put in both of those? I figured they are both pc2700 yet I never really understood about the whole 184pin stuff ect. Because one site i saw had the powerbooks listed as needing 200pin or something? what is the correct pin? thanks
I know apple ram is always overpriced and a rip off. Yet, if I were to purchase a powerbook I would want at least 1gig of ram. What would be the best way to do this? Just get the 512 included and purchase another 512 or like 1G stick through a third party company? If so, what brand and what online store? Crucial? I bought ram for my G5 before, I think it was "kingsington" or something along that lines. I just remember it was one of the top two recommended to me...