or Connect

Posts by lanceh5

I got the MacPro July 18, 2014.  This is a sweet machine.   Working with converting and editing my home VHS movies is much faster.  I got an OWC DVD burner that connects with  USB3 which I want to burn the home movies.     I am using an old Dell monitor and need to upgrade and considering this NEC from Amazon:     EA244UHD 24" 4K 3840 x 2160 1000:1 Widescreen Desktop Monitor with IPS Panel by NEC Price: $1,363.50 + $15.22...
I made an epic fail on the old iMac. I ordered an 1TB SSD from OWC that installed in the optical drive loaction so there are two internal drives. The Reno authorized Apple store installed the drive witch was a 4 hr drive up and 4 hr drive back home and they charged $150. Well the SSD drive was like having a new computer, it was working great. This lasted about 3 weeks and the SSD stopped working. I did all of the diagnosos then called OWC who said to send the SSD...
The next purchase is a new monitor. I had started to convert, edit and merge, our large library of home movies when the old 27 in iMac faild, still not repaired. So looking for a monitor about that size. This is the order. Mac Pro With the following configuration: • 3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache • 16GB (4x4GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC • 1TB PCIe-based flash storage • Dual AMD FirePro D300 GPUs with 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM each • User's Guide (English) • Accessory Kit
I have been looking at this for months and today made the order.  Went with the low end(?) 6 core, 1TB drive.  Now will use this with an old Dell monitor.     I am not sure which monitor to buy.  I am waiting to see if Apple will update their Thunderbolt monitor.  Maybe they will update this year.     Delivery is 1 to 2 weeks. 
I downgraded the OS back to 10.6.8 on this MacMini.  I have an old CADD program that will run on Snow Leopard but not on any newer OS.  It costs over $2,000 to upgrade the CADD program.    When I downgraded the OS, Mail will not run but crashes every time.  Are there any files in the System folders that I could delete to try to get Mail to run?  
Well I did it.  Went to Reno Mac o Rama and they installed the SSD drive, cost $150.  It was well wroth it.  This iMac seems like a new computer.  I will use the original hard drive as a back up with Super Duper so that it will be bootable.     I was going to install the Optical Drive that was removed in an external case but the external case that I bought was for 9mm thick optical drives.  The iMac drive was about 12mm.  I may buy a external super drive from...
I am planning to upgrade the hard drive in this iMac. It appears that on this model iMac , the DVD drive needs to be replaced with a SSD drive. This info came from a chat with OWC tech person. They sell an adapter, called disk doubler ( I think) that replaces the optical drive and allows a SSD drive to be installed. So I have a 2009 27 inch, 2.8 GHz, i7 iMac with a 1TB hard drive and plan to get an OWC 960 GB SSD drive with the disk doubler adapter. This means the...
I wonder if this would have helped the guy from Mozilla. He was discriminated against
I want to create many iMovies from my home VHS tapes and want to store every thing on an RAID mirrored external hard drive and not on the iMac.  Not sure how to do that?  I made one iMovie and that info is in the Movie folder under the home folder on the iMac.  Some of the files and folders in that Movie folder are not obivious what they are used for.   ​Can I just move the existing Movie folder to the external hard drive and save all of the newly created iMovies to that...
Greenpeace is a group of environmental whackos.