or Connect

Posts by GregInPrague

The Czech Republic is a part of NATO and we've also got Slovakia and Poland as additional buffers beyond Ukraine. If Russia gets this far WWIII will have already started.
It's kind of strange because I've always gotten the impression that Alza didn't really care for Apple much. When you go in their Holesovice showroom (where the store-within-a-store will be) you immediately run into a huge display of tablet computers and the iPads have always been on the far back side of that display. Also their dedicate Apple section is much further in the rear than many other branded areas. I'm interested to see what actually changes from the current...
The last sentence should read "In May Apple promised to fix the issue." As written it could easily be misunderstood to mean that Apple promised to have the fix out in May (and therefore a broken promise in mid-June) which isn't the case at all.
Well at least they're trying. Check comment 14 for what they originally had. It is pretty hilarious that even when making corrections they still screw it up. However they're still raking in the money from page views regardless, so I guess the joke is really on us.
My wife nearly fell over when I (knowing it wasn't real) showed her our account this morning which is up nearly 500k over yesterday morning.  It's nice to dream though...
It comes from a misunderstanding of the SEC filing. The filing says that prior to Friday Apple could have potentially issued up to 1.8 billion shares and that now they could issue up to 12.6 billion. It has nothing to do with actual shares outstanding. So if Apple really wanted I guess they could grant another 6 billion stock options to their employees, but that's pretty unlikely. If current investors had their value cut in half by that much dilution there would be an...
How is no one pointing out the multiple glaring factual errors in this article that's been up for nearly 5 hours?Yesterday before the closing bell there were only 861.38 million shares outstanding. Post split there are now 6.029 billion shares outstanding. The SEC filing clearly states that Apple has a right to issue up to 12.6 billion shares, up from 1.8 billion, not that there are this many shares issued that this time.If there were 12.6 billion shares today (or 1.8...
Except he's mad because he lost everything he owned and then some from his leveraged long position in the fall/winter 2012-2013. The stock price going up isn't helping him because I'm sure he got margin calls and his position was sold off to pay the debt, but leaving a lot of leveraged debt remaining. I was dumb enough to try it too and have lost thousands in interest and selling some below purchase price to reduce the principle owed. Tomorrow I imagine it will pass the...
Well since we're just being silly now I found two different cables at Apple.com that are only 14.95 and ship for free.  I'm not aware of any products sold by or fulfilled by Amazon that have free shipping when the order total is under $35.  I could easily be wrong since they sell millions of items, but would you link one (or just say the product name if a link won't post to AI) just so I can be aware?  
And Amazon makes you purchase $35 worth of product to get free Super Saver shipping (which can be quite slow, and doesn't mesh with Apple's customer service goals).  How does your logic explain why Apple should give free shipping for a $10 cable year round?