or Connect

Posts by GregInPrague

What have I said to deserve a sending off? I didn't even say I wanted you gone, but simply used your own logic against you. Please tell me hyperbole is not to hard a concept for you. All these people are merely expressing a) their extreme distaste for Carney or b) their fervent belief that this won't happen, a belief so strong that they hyperbolically say they would leave if it happen.To claim obvious hyperbole as lies would consign the president (and essentially every...
Clearly you like reading yourself in print, but given the comments in the thread it appears that a fairly significant group support her point of view and might just as much appreciate your departure from the forum as hers....just sayin'I don't plan to stop buying iPhones if the hire does go through, but if they make multiple decisions in the near term that were similarly as horrendous I would consider lowering my stock holdings. Fortunately I have great confidence that...
In most of Europe I've found the English word "free" to be used by far most often to mean "available" as in parking or hotel rooms available rather than "without cost." I've very rarely seen this meaning in use in America. I think a lack of clear comprehension on what free does and doesn't mean contributes to this problem.Most of the games I currently play are freemium titles that are actually playable without financial investment. I do fairly well in Hearthstone...
So an alleged problem has allegedly been solved?  Lets see how many more pitfalls we can drop the iPhone 6 in and pull it out the next day all without any real evidence of a problem or solution.  What a fun game we can all play!   As long as the phone releases in September as expected we'll never know if there even was a problem with the battery in the first place (or any of the other alleged issues).  
But the price target increases are being done by Wall Street.  So Wall Street discounts Wall Street?
Why is it that when Netflix or Amazon get a single price target bump you see their stock price go up 4% the next day and yet Apple has gotten numerous bumps (from the Wall Street analysts we love to hate) over the last 6 weeks and it hasn't budged the price at all?  Does anyone have a rational explanation for that?
I got an email today from Alza announcing the Apple Shop opening.  All day Friday they are giving 15% off Mac computers, iPads and iPhones.  That will still be more expensive than in the US, but a good deal if you're local.  The first 100 visitors starting at 8am Friday get a green (presumably Apple logo) t-shirt and if you purchase particular Apple products (not specified) you'll get a 1000kc ($50) voucher for purchasing Apple accessories from their website.   The info...
The Czech Republic is a part of NATO and we've also got Slovakia and Poland as additional buffers beyond Ukraine. If Russia gets this far WWIII will have already started.
It's kind of strange because I've always gotten the impression that Alza didn't really care for Apple much. When you go in their Holesovice showroom (where the store-within-a-store will be) you immediately run into a huge display of tablet computers and the iPads have always been on the far back side of that display. Also their dedicate Apple section is much further in the rear than many other branded areas. I'm interested to see what actually changes from the current...
The last sentence should read "In May Apple promised to fix the issue." As written it could easily be misunderstood to mean that Apple promised to have the fix out in May (and therefore a broken promise in mid-June) which isn't the case at all.