or Connect

Posts by GregInPrague

Foxconn has a factory in Brazil now, how did that not end these high import tariffs?  They were at least making the iPhone 4 there and the price never seemed to drop.  Anyone know why not?  Has anyone heard about if they're making 5's there now?
This commercial has been airing almost every 10 minutes today on FOX during the football games. It doesn't make me want to buy one...
Only part of Turkey is Europe, a pretty small part. Most of it is Asia. But they are a part of NATO which only has European members plus the USA and they are also pushing for EU membership (don't think it will ever happen).
Why does the title say Chinese and not "China Unicom" preorders?  Isn't China Telecom also selling the device?  I believe they have similar numbers of 3g customers and both are adding approximately 3 million per quarter.  So the true Chinese demand could easily be 600,000 for launch day, no?
  Why would people sell and wait to buy in next year rather than sell and immediately buy back the same day to guarantee their cost basis and have very limited risk of loss?  If you need to save some money for taxes then buy back 90%, but I don't understand the logic for selling to capture the gains strictly for tax purposes but not buying back in immediately.
  I see ancient Trabants all the time in Prague.  I think they're kinda high end for an Android system though. :)   Maybe it could be a feature for those poor people that still want to pimp out there Traby like this one in Budapest....  
Exactly, with 260 shares (more than 1/2 at a margin loss) I got $711 good for 1.31 reinvested shares. While every little bit helps that dividend isn't making many people rich.
How often does Apple slip on company reported release dates? iTunes just slipped a month, but that's not a hardware product and they just canned Forstall.  They've already said supply will be constrained but surely they wouldn't report a HW release if it wasn't a sure thing.  
This doesn't make sense for Samsung from a business perspective.  They need Apple's money.  Apple's already mad at them over the patent infringement and counter lawsuits.  Driving up the prices for them alone will just make Apple more likely to find/create competing chip-makers to take over production for them at the earliest possible moment.     In what way could Samsung benefit from this decision in the long term?
  Who is the owner in this analogy?