or Connect

Posts by GregInPrague

I wouldn't call The Daily a magazine. Being a daily newspaper put it in a much different business model than a weekly/monthly magazine. Not to mention being smartphone/tablet only rather than complimenting a print magazine made it much harder to sustain.
Sounds like you've done your homework. I guess we know who to point the police to the next time there's a big hit on Apple Store.
In what way are the headlines at AI and Macrumors materially different. Samsung's lawyers are paying this judge with Samsung's money. Is anything really changed in this ethically bankrupt situation by which company's name appears on the check?
Can anyone in the UK explain how this can possibly not be a conflict of interest for this ex-judge? Are there really no rules against future employment by parties that have come before your court?
Isn't the current dividend $2.65 per share per quarter rather than the $3.75 mentioned in the article? Or has that recently increased?
Foxconn has a factory in Brazil now, how did that not end these high import tariffs?  They were at least making the iPhone 4 there and the price never seemed to drop.  Anyone know why not?  Has anyone heard about if they're making 5's there now?
This commercial has been airing almost every 10 minutes today on FOX during the football games. It doesn't make me want to buy one...
Only part of Turkey is Europe, a pretty small part. Most of it is Asia. But they are a part of NATO which only has European members plus the USA and they are also pushing for EU membership (don't think it will ever happen).
Why does the title say Chinese and not "China Unicom" preorders?  Isn't China Telecom also selling the device?  I believe they have similar numbers of 3g customers and both are adding approximately 3 million per quarter.  So the true Chinese demand could easily be 600,000 for launch day, no?
  Why would people sell and wait to buy in next year rather than sell and immediately buy back the same day to guarantee their cost basis and have very limited risk of loss?  If you need to save some money for taxes then buy back 90%, but I don't understand the logic for selling to capture the gains strictly for tax purposes but not buying back in immediately.