or Connect

Posts by GregInPrague

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.  The article you link doesn't mention bond at all, only final judgement.
  I think you're misunderstanding what the bond is for.  IPCom would have to pay the bond in order to enforce an injunction against HTC.  In the event that IPCom lost the eventual trial the bond would reimburse HTC for lost sales due to an injunction of a product not found to actually infringe any patents.  The bond is not at all related to IPCom's royalties for their patents.  This is the way any injunction case works.  That's why Motorola had to put up 300 million...
According to FOSS Patents this victory will likely be rather hollow for Samsung, even financially. The ruling only covers the Dutch market so the fees for previously sold infringing items only covers a market of 16 million potential customers. Also Samsung has to pay Apple's legal fees for the 3 patents that they claimed were infringed but weren't (75% of Apple's legal fees basically). So in the end they might actually be out money to Apple on this case.
  I don't doubt that SJ said these exact words, but if I quoted someone I would put the date and publication or event where the quote was from.  That certainly gives the inclusion of the quote more legitimacy.
  You would be angry too if a company that had been your bread and butter basically cut out your profit making ability.  He's not saying it isn't an amazing machine.  He's saying, "I can't profit from this amazing machine." However, the vast majority of buyers for the Mac with Retina display will never need iFixit's services, because Apple is one of the most generous companies when it comes to warranty repairs and AppleCare can keep you covered for a total of 3 years. ...
but the 110 years is a bit more than max 44 months Stanford's lawyers were asking after the conviction...
  Your simplifications and blanket statements are what make your previous and current posts irrelevant.  In your previous post you lumped Apple in with the bailed out banks simply because they're both publicly traded companies.  By the same logic you're just as guilty as President Assad for the atrocities today in Syria because you're both human beings.    America has it's failings to be sure (I'm an American) but living in various EU countries for seven of the last ten...
MyAppleLove was referring to W not to Obama. Obama went to Harvard Law, not Yale.
  Why is push-push a horrible idea?  The tray is not a huge problem, but having to hunt for a paper clip the few times I've needed to swap SIMs between iPhones with my wife is irritating. 
  Wouldn't 6% mean an increase of 30 Billion in market cap today? An increase of basically the entire market cap of Yahoo and Nokia combined...