or Connect

Posts by GregInPrague

Please just go back to bashing Apple in the comments of non-tech related articles on CNN.com like you were doing yesterday and leave us alone here.  
For the vast majority of those buying Android the answer is and has been only price, either very cheap off contract or free on contract.
This is America vs. America, those people's response would be that she's not favoring anyone.It was when there was Samsung (South Korea) vs Apple (America) that people were claiming she was favoring her ethnicity over her nationality.Whether they were correct or not this is a totally different situation. Surely even you can see that...
Your example is not remotely comparable. It is totally unreasonable to say that a pervert who is physically close to you and is trying (generally) to see you naked body for their sexual gratification is the same as an advertiser who might be tracking your shopping/viewing/location habits on your phone (but never actually seeing you). These separate things are nothing alike. I'm not saying tracking phone usage data is ok, but it's nothing like having a deviant perched...
Please define "innovation."  Please explain who has this if Apple doesn't.   The stock should go up because they are already incredibly profitable, their revenue is increasing and many people think their profits will as well.  Their P/E ratio is tiny compared to Google or Amazon (and much lower than the average on the S&P 500) who I certainly can't see as more innovative (and verifiably much less profitable) than Apple. Do you need more reasons?
 Um, he's post #8 above and still complaining that AAPL isn't higher and still blaming it on Cook.  I'm still net negative a bit on my whole AAPL position after making some (in hindsight) amazingly stupid margin buys last October at 627 and 613, but I certainly don't blame my loses on Tim Cook.  Once the China Mobile deal is official I think I'll finally be net positive again, finally.  Note to any non-professional investors here - buying on margin is a really bad game to...
Please use said dictionary to look up condescending. Nothing in my post matches that definition. I'm merely asking why a US based site would choose to use a word that is unique to a different country when it isn't needed. A British English dictionary shouldn't be required to read the post.
 I know Macrumors is a UK site, but I didn't realize that about AI.   I would bet that 99.9% of Americans have no idea what bespoke means in this situation.  I've been living in Europe (but not the UK) for 10 years and never heard the term until a few months ago (from a Brit).    "Custom made" can be understood by anyone who speaks English...why not use that?
Oh to have had enough capital to have short sold these losers even 6 months (or 3 months) ago.
 Surprisingly in Europe most people consider noon to be 12am.  I have never heard a good explanation as to why.