or Connect

Posts by GregInPrague

Is it though?  Shouldn't the company have to do a write-down just like Blackberry or Microsoft did with their unsold hardware in recent years? Surely Google still had Motorola being of significant value on their books.  Selling it for 2.91 billion must certainly be far less than it's book value.  Therefore a huge write-off would be required next quarter, no?  Unless they're going to claim the difference as the real value of the patents that they're keeping which would be...
I wasn't commenting on whether 4 inches is big enough.  All I know is you said they never came out with a bigger phone (and repeated the same thing twice) which is just untrue.  Do you care about the truth?
 The iPhone 5 was bigger than any iPhone before it, maybe not as big as you want, but you are just lying if you say they haven't released a bigger phone.
So going from 3.5 to 4 inches screens in 2012 wasn't actually "bigger?" Can you name any examples of co-CEO's that were successful?  The only such arraignment I know of was at Blackberry and that was an unmitigated disaster.
They call it guidance because they are guiding shareholders. If it was found to be an intentional "ruse" as you suggest I'm sure they could be sued by their shareholder.
Since you read Cote's 60+ page brief this should be a piece of cake. http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2013/08/05/apple-samsung-itc-pinkert/Again, if you were neutral you wouldn't use loaded statements like "Shockingly when it applies to an American company." That adds nothing to the arguement and makes your next sentence not believable.
 Because it couldn't be a boss who only gets involved when the failure of the subordinate is egregious...
 Whether you are one of them or not there are plenty of anti-Apple trolls that frequent this site and regularly post.  Many of them even start by saying "how much they love Apple products but can't abide by Apple's behavior in xxxx situation."  Why they join and spend their time making nuanced posts (beyond possibly being paid Samsung shills) is completely beyond me.  
  Well, this clearly shows that you're not coming at Apple related issues from a neutral perspective as you claim.  That situation was much more complex than you suggest and saying it's not shows how little you know about this issue in particular and calls into question your judgement on the other ~115 posts you've made on AI. The ITC is a part of the executive branch of the US government and is therefore subordinate to Obama.  He didn't "protect" Apple, he decided that...