or Connect

Posts by GregInPrague

Wish I'd tried this first.  Resetting the network settings worked successfully for me (iMessages worked when using my email address, but not my phone number), but I'm not looking forward to asking everyone for their wifi passwords again...
 At least Kuo was spot on with basically all predictions for the iPhone 5c and 5s, Munster has barely be accurate about anything ever related to Apple.  With sales estimates I still think they all just do a little rectal searching.  Time will tell.  With 50 or more "professionals" guessing someone is bound to fall backwards onto the right number.
 Surely by now you can find a 3gs for 3,000kc (or an 8gb iPhone 4 for 5,000kc) no matter what part of the Czech Republic you're in.
So you bought Apple at basically the worst time ever and you didn't make a horrible move with Nokia. Sounds like a normal investor, you win some you lose some. That doesn't mean Apple is doing anything wrong and certainly doesn't mean Nokia is doing anything right.
"This myopic, willful ignorance and excuse-centric, platitude-barfing flattery of Microsoft's every misstep might have made sense in the 1990s, but by 2010 the kowtowing tech media's fawning over Microsoft was as unnecessary as the lickspittle sycophants of the royal court after the revolution had beheaded their monarchs. " This incredibly long sentence is the most hilarious (in a good way) of the piece. How does DED create a sentence like that? You have to reread it...
And what city would that be?
You're cYou're conveniently forgetting all the quarterly losses from Motorola operations over the past year plus. In total I believe that's another 2 billion in cost to Google.
Except for the fact that iTunes uses the agency model that Apple also wanted to use with iBooks. Apple just gets their 30% cut. As you know Amazon was using a wholesale model and predatory pricing to have a monopoly of thee-book market. So..apples and oranges...
  Why do you hate Stocks?  I think it has a much cleaner interface than Bloomberg and it's a quick way to see what's going on financially.   If it's just an app you never use then hate seems like a strong word.  I never use the Newstand app and I wish I could delete it, but certainly couldn't say that I hate it.  I've managed to hide it in a random folder somewhere so that I don't even run across it anymore.  Out of sight out of mind.
  It might be interesting if someone went to the trouble to see what kind of computer you could actually put together with only USA manufactured parts and how much it would cost.  Not sure that's a machine anyone would want to buy...