or Connect

Posts by CGJ

Buyback is good, gives shares to hard-working employees who grow the business. Dividend's are bad, gives rich 'investors' even more money; even though they don't contribute at all to the way Apple is run. It's like a sportsman paying the owner of the sports club, as opposed to the owner paying the sportsman. Surely, going from $370 in October 2011 to $590 in March 2012 is enough money for these 'investors'. Dividends are for companies with no room for growth, like...
I hope it's not a dividend. I hope it's education pricing for iPads and automatic AppleCare
It's hideous. It reminds me of an XBox...Box.
I think that the iPad third-gen will sport an A6 quad-core processor, with the Apple TV sporting an A5X. This makes sense to me. Which is why it'll probably be a dual-core A5X for the iPad and a standard A5 for the Apple TV.
Actually, usually DO like change. I thought Lion was absolutely amazing compared to Snow Leopard. I like the changed they've made with iOS and Mountain Lion. Heck, I completely love natural scrolling in Lion! The new Safari is the only thing I really dislike about ML, because it reminds me of Chrome; which I switched from last year.
I downloaded Safari 5.2 through the developer portal for OS X Lion. It sucked, big time. I personally prefer having the URL and search bar separate, and the 'Reader' button in 5.2 is just... Ugly. And what the hell did they do to the tabs? I switched back to 5.1.
Don't you mean 'back to the customers'? You know, the ones that actually pay THE company, not pay FOR the company.
Oh dear. I really, really hate it when shareholders think they should run the company. Apple has a strong BoD who know what is best for the company. I'm pretty sure Levinson, Cook and the rest of the board/executive understand the company better than ANY investor who wants control over Apple. Next they'll demand dividend, Cook needs to assert his authority. I'm all in for the Apple Board to threaten company shutdown if shareholders decide they are going to start defying...
Pretty soon (usually released bi-annually), BUT, this really seems cool. I'm more excited about iCloud document integration, Messages, Notes, Reminders and Notification Centre. I just wish they'd update the iWork and iLife series to go with it. It appears as though Apple doesn't want too many conferences at once (Education event in January, iPad 3 in March), they'll probably go through it further at either the iOS Software Event or the WWDC.