or Connect

Posts by copeland

This split exists because Apple is artificially building its strategy to get there. They heavily promote their mobile gear and the iMac, all other machines are requisites. To my mind you are wrongfully taking the result created by Apple's willful decisions as the reason why Apple had to take these decisions. The buying behavior form Apple's customers was created by Apple marketing heavily the mobiles and iMac and letting the other machines languish at a bad...
I know I'm not Apple's prime target for this machine but it is the only machine that reasonably meets my needs for it.No iMac for me, don't need a new screen, keyboard or mouse. Mac Pro is far out of my needs. MB or MBA I do not need, I have one for work. I have an early 2009 Mac mini that I wanted to replace with this revision, but I will wait another 2 years. I will just slow down my adoption rate.
Unfortunately you don't get Iris graphics in the base model.And the HD5000 at those low frequencies isn't any better than the HD4000 at the higher frequencies in the 2012 base model. Furthermore they are skimping on the RAM in the base model that comes with a 500Gig HDD. So any swapping necessary with higher requirements of Yosemite will bring this machine to a grinding halt.  And that is the machine that is targeted to the technically inexperienced. They expect a snappy...
Just make the Mini bad enough that the sale numbers go further down. Then argue: Nobody wanted to buy the Mini anyway -->EOLed
To my mind the cheapest Mac mini is a downgrade to its predecessor. I compared an MBA2012 (Ivy Bridge I5 1.8GHz HD4000) to an MBA2013 (Haswell I5 1.3GHz HD5000) and the newer MBA wasn't any faster. Graphics were even slower.   Now they drop the Mac mini2012 (Ivy Bridge I5 2.5/3.1GHz HD4000) to a Mac mini2014 (Haswell I5 1.4/2.7GHz HD5000). I believe that is going to be ugly in the benchmarks.   And to make things worse we are stuck another 2-3 years with Haswell, now...
Could GT Advanced try to get out of the licensing via Chapter 11, putting more pressure on Apple?
Well I think in the end we are talking about the same thing. Apple Ireland imposes a high IP cost on the wholesale price for the iPhone to transfer profits from Germany to Ireland.Ford is imposing a high IP cost on the service of doing the engineering and drawing of the parts.
You forget that Apple excessively reduces its profits for Apple Germany by IP costs imposed by Apple Ireland. There are rumors that Apple has a special agreement with Ireland that they have to pay less tax for profits made in Ireland (a rate of 2.5% has been indicated). And that agreement gets Ireland and Apple in the focus of the EU comission (as this advantage is not offered to all corporations in Ireland). The "Double Irish with a Dutch Sandwich" will possibly changed...
Can we sue them?
Steve Ballmer 2.0?