or Connect

Posts by copeland

What about Apple's patent for a screen that can take pictures (videos?)? I don't know if you would have to hold the screen perpendicular to the scene you want to film or if it needs a special angle that you regularly adjust to when working with a tablet.
I think you are right. And we already see the first incarnation of that trend - the netbook. The netbooks are not the first and only computer for many users. These netbooks just complement the computer they already own. I think people will buy new computers for their home in a slower pace than they did before, but I can believe that they will replace the laptops at their home (they leave it there because of their new netbook) with a cheaper more powerful desktop.
Because that will put all the CO2 that is produced to make aluminium on the bill of chinese companys and Apple keeps its green vest. That's what the car manufacturers do. They put alumninium parts in their cars, that are produced in Asia or South America. Then they calculate the energy savings for the recycled parts that come effective in 30 years into this years balance. --> Voila ... green car manufacturer
Sorry but the entry Mini is still 1GB. And in Austria availability is 24h.
I wouldn't even put the 7200rpm drive in the Mini. Just buy a FW800 external enclosure and you will be fine. If you have some experience upgrading regular PC's you can upgrade the RAM in the Mini at a reasonable fear-level. Your second Mini will be easy.
Looking at my Centris 650, the PowerMac G3 (B&W), and now my March 09 Mini I can second that. However I would hope they update the AppleTV. The Mini is ok for 6 more months, but the AppleTV is really in a need for an update.
Here in Austria you can still buy the 40GB ATV. And no price cut either. I know we pay a premium for Apple products over here, but with the new US price we should pay € 156.-, but we have to pay € 333.- - all prices without tax. (if the ratio would have been less than 1:2 I would not mention it) And as Apple doesn't offer any real content for the ATV, the only thing you can use it over here is to fry some egg on a stylish Apple product.
They did the same thing with the G4 Mini and Tiger. All Macs would have Tiger installed allready, except the unloved little Mini. I think it took Apple about 2 months until they would preinstall Tiger. And you wouldn't get the install disc either. You had to buy or stay with Panther. Poor little Mini gets neglected in so many different ways.
As for the Mini I wouldn't hold my breath. Apple neglected the Mini for about 2 years before they revamped it in March. But as Wizard said: We are talking about Apple - You never know! For your use the current Mini should more than enough. I bought one in April and upgraded the RAM to 4 Gigs for € 50.-. You should have the Mini at 2 Gigs at least. There was quite some difference. Futhermore if you have 2 Gigs the graphics card will use double the RAM than it is using when...
xMac!! (couldn't resist )