or Connect

Posts by copeland

I know this technology has been long talked up and never has come really to fruition. What if the new battery is some sort of fuell cell - no need to swap batteries, just refuell in seconds??
As the Mini is using a 110W powersupply Apple could even use the new 65W quadcore cpus . I allways thought it is not possible becouse of the heat, but if the Mini can now cope the 110W why should it not cool a 65W cpu (I know there are more components that produce heat). As the Mini was allways sharing it's components with the MB, why needed the Mini a powersupply allmost double the Watts as the MB although the Mini never had to drive a display?
I am too thinking that Apple will put the MiniDP into the Mini, but as there are no Displays (except the ACD) nor adapters available for MiniDP how is Apple going to sell the Mini. They can't believe that I buy a $ 800,- screen from Apple to accomodate the "cheap" Mini!
You meen the same SEC that is investigating on Madoff's broker company since 1992 and wasn't able to digg up any wrongdoing? I think all these reports of analysts have to be treated the same way as statistics: Don't trust any statistic until you faked it yourself!
Well the MacBookPro has a Firewire-Port, so it must be Pro equipment. Sorry couldn't resist.
T-Mobile Germany has beaten Kaufmann Bros. to the punch. They already offer the i-Phone for € 1,- (8 GB; € 20,- for 16 GB). You need to sign a contract with € 69,- of monthly cost minimum. But you can have an i-Phone wih just € 1,- initial cost. http://shop.t-mobile.de/iphone/tarif...1410-_,00.html
Take a look at the latest release of MacBooks. A price hike cannot be discarded, looking at Apple's history.
As for the CF-stuff many points have already been taken: The carbon fibers will account for about 95% of the cost, the resin is negligible. Apple wouldn't use unidirectional fibers but a mesh for biaxial strength. Most probably - as they were bragging about torsional stiffness - they will have to use several layers of mesh with the fibers at an angle of 45° between two different layers. Producing carbon fibers takes a lot of energy because you have to heat plastic...
Anyone thought if Apple could subsidize the HD-TV shows. NBC would get more money, as the always wanted, Apple can strengthen its market position in the video land and has the bragging rights to deliver the shows at the announced price. If they sell enough of the shows it could hit Apple's margins. But I could be wrong as usual.
Apple should try to get some promos here in Europe. They are making about 20% of extra profit here because of the weak dollar (a MBP for $ 1,999.- in the US translates to $ 2,400.- here in Europe). Moving some more Macs in Europe would be quite desirable. So the exchange rate is a mixed bag, it hurts Apple on the one hand but it helps Apple on the other one.