or Connect

Posts by copeland

Well, according to this report on the german web page n-tv.de IDC does so: In the report they are claiming that Apple has just 50% of the tablet market and 14% of the smart phone market (world wide).  And they claim these numbers are not devices sold but devices in use. However they do not link to the IDC report! Find the report here via Google...
  But Samsung isn't really making a lot of profit with TV sets. Most of the profit in the consumer electronics division stems from smart phone displays:   "Earnings at the consumer-electronics division that makes TVs jumped 66 percent to 760 billion won, exceeding the 542.5 billion-won median of the analysts’ estimates compiled by Bloomberg. The display business had a profit of 750 billion won, also higher than the 600 billion-won estimate. While flat-screen TV sales...
  He is just holding it wrong.    Sorry, had to be said! ;-)
  Does that mean it is world mode. Could Amazon sell this tablet to (almost) any country and it would work with their LTE implementation? If so, could it be an indication for the new iPhone?
I think if you come up with an idea that might or might not work without proofing that it will work, cough up some cash to patent it and then let another company do the hard work to bring the idea to life and sue them afterwards that is my interpretation of patent troll.   If you can create some kind of prototype that will proof that your idea works as advertised in the patent all the power to you. But if you cannot proof that it works then what you did is not...
      I live in Austria. For some unknown reason we have really good rates on mobile phones. The phone is paid up front at ~€80.- and then he has got a cheap plan with €-cent 4.9/min. In Austria you just pay when you call someone. I have a two year contract with my iPhone with 2,100 free minutes 1,000 free texts and 3GB free data incl. tethering for € 30.- a month (pre tax).
I believe that many Android user are similar to my dad. He is using his phone more as a dumb phone than anything else. He wants to make calls, type some texts and take some snapshots of his grand children when no camera is near. Absolutely no need for any data. No ads to be displayed on his phone. That's why he has an Android: cheap phone with touch screen and acceptable camera and absolutely no need for data!
I know amorphous metals from academic studies but I am not sure if it is really ready for mass production. The process of producing amorphous metals is pretty expensive as it involves the special recipes and a super fast cooling to prevent the metal from crystalizing. This means the original junk of metal is small because of the need of super fast cooling. You then have to merge these really small junks of metal to a bigger one during the process. When I looked at...
I think that is a pretty ingenious move by apple to force Nokia to license it's 50 patent families essential to the SIM technology for free. Just from the age of the SIM technology I assume that Apple holds no patents in that technology.By building on that technology and offering it to ETSI under the mentioned terms they can further on use the technology for free (as long as ETSI chooses Apple's design). Even if Apple doesn't succeed with it's move the licenses for the SIM...
When talking to the Austrian patent office I learned that if a patent has very broad claims you can issue an application for more or less the same thing as long as you are more specific. If the other one is unlucky and his product falls into your specific claims you can enforce your patent on him because those parts that are covered by your specific claims will cut a hole into his claims. Of course you have to add some new BlaBla functionality to claim it being inventive.