or Connect

Posts by jasenj1

I picked up some shares at $110 at the opening. They dipped slightly below that are and now at $111+. Happy so far. And I'm a long investor rather than a trader, so I'm glad to pick some up on this dip. I don't plan to sell for at least a year, probably more.
Are these the same people saying AAPL was overvalued when it was bouncing around $700/share pre-split? Accounting for the split, these targets put AAPL at ~$1000/share in pre-split pricing.   P/E for AAPL is still around 18. Much lower than GOOG's 27, but very close to MSFT's 18.9. And way lower in price than AMZN which has negative earnings. And I suspect if you factor in AAPL's intrinsic value (their mountain of cash, facilities, patents, etc.) they are priced way...
Exactly this. The lawsuit is about not being able to put content from other stores onto iPods. NOT about playing content from the iTunes store on other devices. At one point Real figured out how to connect their store app directly to iPods. Apple broke that in an update. The lawsuit alleges this was to intentionally hurt Real - not for any legitimate business reason. "The complaint was first filed against Apple in 2005, and originally centered around RealNetworks and...
I do not recommend a diversified portfolio of wives.
The stock is up because I put a buy order in at $100 a week ago. Now I get to watch the price go up and up away from my asking price. :(   But the shares I already own are making me smile - except the ones I bought @~$700, the S&P is up 30+% since then, while I'm just starting to turn a profit.   - Jasen.
It's all FDR's fault! ---As a long time AAPL share holder (over 20 years for some of my shares), it still boggles my mind that they are so big. I just bought & own the shares because I think they make quality products, and have figured out how to make a profit selling those products. I still think of them as the scrappy Macintosh maker in a world of PC clones, a niche player in a world dominated by beige boxes.
Interesting. Looks like the display would only work for one user. And the display would have to track the observer pretty closely to project the image properly. I wonder what the view angle tolerance is; that is, how big is the "sweet spot" where the image looks right.
I'm rather grumpy about the "swipe to archive/delete" behavior. Far too easy to accidentally delete something. I much preferred two intentional actions - swipe & push a button.
It took me a while to figure it out, too. Look under "Playlists"; it's in there. Makes no sense to me why you can't download it when looking at the album in the iTunes store. - Jasen.
 So make it free for two weeks. Those who want it will get it. Those who don't won't. I agree that the album being marked as "purchased" automatically has drawbacks. I'm surprised no one at Apple thought through "what if some people don't want this album?". Here, have a cookie; it's free. Oops. Did I not mention it has peanuts in it? So sorry about your nut allergy. Get well soon. The album is not "free". It consumes bandwidth and storage space that the user pays for. In...