or Connect

Posts by jasenj1

These guys, these guys, these guys and all the .NET developers might disagree with that. --- Objective-C is extremely verbose. While typing may be only a small part of developing software, the more of it I have to do the more chance I have to make a typo. Also readability is essential for maintaining software. Objective-C can be UGLY. Reading extremely verbose code also leads to problems. Swift aligns Apple with modern readability and syntax conventions of languages like...
I dropped off LinkedIn due to their terrible privacy policy. The man-in-the-middle email attack they were promoting as a "service", and their cluelessness that it was a really bad idea, sealed the decision for me.   - Jasen.
And the Android device space gets splintered even more.
Swift for the JVM coming in 3... 2... 1...   From my quick reading of the reference book, several things remind me of Groovy: no semi-colons, the "?." operator, implicit typing, closures. It's a bit odd to me that the type is after the identifier.   The playground will be a big separator. An integrated, GUI leveraging, instant feedback system; that will be very cool.   I haven't paid attention to what Microsoft has been doing with their developer tools so I can't...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-swift-programming-language/id881256329   iBooks says it is unavailable. :(   I went in through iTunes, not iBooks, and was able to download it. Maybe they flipped the switch and it's now available.
Can't say I ever had monkeys in my Mac.  My first Mac was an SE with dual floppies and a internal 45MB HD. Cost $3000+. That was my college machine. It's sitting in a closet and hasn't been plugged in in years. I still have a lot of software for it though. Art of War, a bunch of Infocom games, WordPerfect. Many with the original boxes. My first Apple was a //e. Ah, nostalgia. - Jasen.
Maybe the Apple internal developers will read it - and not ignore it.
I'm not a professional audio engineer, but I play one on Sunday mornings; I run the record board for my church. We use a 128 channel Pro Tools rig and record at 24/48. We use a dedicated recording room with pretty decent JBL studio monitors.   IMHO, at the recording & mixing stage using high sampling & bit rates makes a lot of sense. There is a lot of processing (math) going on and artifacts can creep into the audible range.   The recording, mixing, & mastering phases...
"agreed to not recruit one another's employees" That goes to the definition of "recruit" and how deep the agreement on not hiring people away from each other went. Maybe there was a handshake, wink & a nod agreement that the companies would not hire employees from each other. So even if one did see the ad and apply, company A wouldn't consider your resume because you worked for company B. "Materials from the trial also reveal that Apple's human resources department sent...
Scenario: Company A needs some employees with skill set X. They know company B has such employees, but because of this agreement they do not attempt to recruit employees from company B.   The employees never know of this opportunity. That hurts their wages and opportunity - maybe they're happy working for company B but would like the chance to work on company A's cool project, or company A has some minor perk that the employee would be willing to change jobs for...