or Connect

Posts by jasenj1

Yes, I'm confused on what the issue really is. It sounds like Lion is cacheing the credentials of the first good log in, and using those credentials over and over again rather than submitting new credentials. That's the only way it makes sense to me. - Jasen.
I read somewhere in one of the articles about Steve stepping down as CEO that Apple tends to have a vision and skunkworks projects that they then wait for technology to catch up to before releasing a product. The Newton was given as an example - screens, processing power & battery life were not at the point for a consumer-level product. Apple invested in making those core technologies cheaper and better and THEN released a product. Thunderbolt could be the connection...
LOL. Exactly. At some point you have to graduate from being a "wage slave" and do what you do for the love of it. The scenario Dick describes sounds like a bunch of frat-boy wanna-bes stroking each others' egos. But I also hear/read the type of people who become that wealthy are highly driven, borderline (or over the border) sociopaths - so I wouldn't be surprised that they do things I don't understand. Which has more bragging rights? "I bought a new villa in Greece" or "I...
It'd be great if Apple could keep the tradition of $1 salary for the CEO. And no golden parachute. Apple does well and the CEO gets compensated well. Apple does poorly and CEO gets less. - Jasen.
I hope post-Steve Apple can continue to raise up competent CEOs and other leadership from within. It seems that bringing in outside talent often leads to loss of corporate identity and the chasing of short-term profits & efficiencies. See HP.May Steve spend more time with his family and enjoy a slower pace of life for a long time.- Jasen.
HP seems to be a classic example of what happens when the founders leave and the company moves into the stage of revolving door CEOs. Chasing short-term profits, wrangling of deals, mergers, and acquisitions, shuffling the org charts, and finally the CEO pulls their golden parachute and heads off to the next company. It takes a lot of dedication to keep a corporation focused on producing good products for a good price, and keep the R&D pipe filled with future profitable...
IMHO (not that anyone cares) the deciding issue should be where the content is stored. If an app contains and internally stores content Apple doesn't like, then ban it. But if the app is merely a portal to content stored elsewhere, and provides a content/provider specific UI to get the content (even if the content can then be stored/cached on the device), then Apple should approve the app. Things get tricky when an app allows streaming "clean" and "dirty" content - like...
HP is very big in the enterprise, business, vertically integrated markets - e.g. hospitals. They also make a lot of their money from consulting, not just hardware sales. If they can get the TouchPad and WebOS into the hands of more consumers and decision making folks, then they may be able to attract developers, and provide an attractive solution to their enterprise customers. If they can prove to businesses that the platform is viable, then they can sell devices with...
Yep. My 17" iMac will need to be replaced for me to join the Lion party. I was thinking a mini would soften the hit to the credit card, but I'd like the discreet graphics, and then you're very close to an iMac with quad-core CPU, faster GPU, etc. - Jasen.
Dell's 27" 2560x1440 displays are $1000. And a quick search on Newegg shows 2560x1440 monitors right around $1000. So it seems Apple's new display is competitively priced with its peers. - Jasen.