or Connect

Posts by jasenj1

Death comes for us all. But modern society has pushed dying to the periphery. It is good to occasionally contemplate death and our mortality. Rev. 1:17-18
Why should they be? All those things you listed add complexity and cost. If Apple is selling enough with the current features to be profitable, then they're happy. How many more nanos would they sell with ANT+? How much would GPS cost and how much would it shorten battery life? If all those things were good selling points, some other manufacturer like Samsung or Garmin could do it. No one is competing with Apple in the same product space so why should they add to the...
I like that the Mickey Mouse watch face is live on the nano product page. It'd be nice if Apple would release an SDK for the nano so developers could create their own watch faces or other goodies that would fit - like alarms. Certainly the jump from $129 to $199 for a touch is not enough to keep people from buying a touch rather than a nano. But there must be a big enough audience that likes the small form-factor. - Jasen.
Yes. As the parent of a 7 year old girl, I am painfully aware of Disney's grip on the youth market. (My wife is also a Disney-cultist.) Kids that age don't care much about all the complex things adults and hardcore gamers do. They just want to play with the characters in their world. We've played the Disney Princess and Tangled games over and over and over. Disney should be able to churn out Princess games with simple but immersive gameplay and make a killing. They already...
HP spinning off Agilent was utter madness. Everything since then has been the consequences of that terrible mistake playing out.Here's Agilent's CEO's bio:"Sullivan, who was senior vice president and general manager of Agilent's Semiconductor Products Group (SPG) before being named COO, joined Hewlett-Packard Company in 1976 and during the course of his career, developed considerable expertise in telecommunications, data communications and computers. In 1995, he was...
Maybe HP will fall far enough that Agilent can buy them and reclaim the HP name. I worked for HP briefly during the Fiorina regime. So sad to see such a great company mismanaged into oblivion. - Jasen.
The Slashdot story: http://games.slashdot.org/story/11/0...Android-Tablet Personally, I think this could work. GameStop is going to have a controller for their tablet. If they have a decent online store or XBox Live-type experience, and sell games designed to work with their controller, I think they could distinguish their brand and provide a reason for people to identify GameStop with gaming on Android. Maybe they could make their XBox Live-clone free for a year if...
Yes, I'm confused on what the issue really is. It sounds like Lion is cacheing the credentials of the first good log in, and using those credentials over and over again rather than submitting new credentials. That's the only way it makes sense to me. - Jasen.
I read somewhere in one of the articles about Steve stepping down as CEO that Apple tends to have a vision and skunkworks projects that they then wait for technology to catch up to before releasing a product. The Newton was given as an example - screens, processing power & battery life were not at the point for a consumer-level product. Apple invested in making those core technologies cheaper and better and THEN released a product. Thunderbolt could be the connection...
LOL. Exactly. At some point you have to graduate from being a "wage slave" and do what you do for the love of it. The scenario Dick describes sounds like a bunch of frat-boy wanna-bes stroking each others' egos. But I also hear/read the type of people who become that wealthy are highly driven, borderline (or over the border) sociopaths - so I wouldn't be surprised that they do things I don't understand. Which has more bragging rights? "I bought a new villa in Greece" or "I...