or Connect

Posts by jasenj1

Yep. My 17" iMac will need to be replaced for me to join the Lion party. I was thinking a mini would soften the hit to the credit card, but I'd like the discreet graphics, and then you're very close to an iMac with quad-core CPU, faster GPU, etc. - Jasen.
Dell's 27" 2560x1440 displays are $1000. And a quick search on Newegg shows 2560x1440 monitors right around $1000. So it seems Apple's new display is competitively priced with its peers. - Jasen.
To all those saying MS can't innovate I have a few items for you: Kinect http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/06/mf_kinect/ Surface http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx Photosynth http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx And MS crushes Apple in the business enterprise space. MS knows how to handle big corporate customers. Apple does not - see the recent FCP fiasco. I completely agree that MS could be so much more with a more tech-savvy...
Oh boy! A Ballmer bashing thread! Yippee! 1) Hey, Steve B. Apple's computers are Windows computers, too. MS sells an operating system that Macs can run - and many do because they need both Mac OS X and Windows. 2) MS sells Office for Mac OS and Windows. It's a very popular product on both platforms. On the PC side, Apple is as much a target platform as a competitor. How about focusing on the former? 3) In the cell phone market, yeah, MS has an uphill climb....
Could Apple come out with a new display technology to give existing tech a kick in the pants? SED was very promising but hit legal and manufacturing problems; or maybe FED, or something like LaserVue? LCD and LED TVs throw a great picture at native resolutions, but they always seem "pixelly" to my eye. IIRC, the "Retina Display" of the iPhone was a big leap forward in handheld resolution. Could Apple pull something similar in the living room? I'm not suggesting Apple...
Your troll-fu is strong. You managed to derail a thread about the GM of Lion into a Lion UI vs Win 8 UI match. - Jasen.
Because FCP stories are generating lots of hits and forum posts. Even the posts in this thread are mostly rehashes of what has been said in the other FCPX threads.- Jasen.
Amen!
I read the above article and share the nervousness and discontent about the new version. It's not so much that the new version is radically new, but Apple appears to be dropping (or redirecting) all information and references to the previous version. It's fine to have a new version, but in the Pro world you need to support old stuff for a while while people transition to the new stuff and the new stuff gets past 1.0 issues. If I were an editor faced with transitioning to...
You need one of these. I think it's been well established before that the TV market is commoditized with thin margins. Not the kind of market Apple plays in - but the same could be said for the Windows PC market, but Apple still makes lots of money on Macs. Another problem I have with an Apple TV is that the TV is frequently just a display device connected to a much larger home theater system - at least at the high-end, which is where Apple likes to play. Receiver, amps,...