or Connect

Posts by jasenj1

OTOH, I could see people releasing jewelry, shoes, etc. that use the tilted "leaf" trying to associate themselves with Apple's brand. Or maybe the "leaf" with a different shape underneath it. Kind of like the "i" prefix. There's now a ton of "iThis" and "iThat" products that are clearly piggy-backing on Apple's iOS products.   I understand Apple wanting to shutdown that kind of activity. But at some point the courts have to decide how far that branding protection...
  It's not about stopping knockoffs. It's about being shown to make an effort to stop them. If Apple doesn't do whatever they legally can - ineffective though it may be - to make it quite clear that the knockoffs are infringing and misusing Apple's trademarks, then when some company who they can actually pursue in court infringes, the infringer can point to the Chinese companies and say, "Apple didn't enforce their claimed trademark against those guys. They're unfairly...
I haven't read the whole thread, but here's a few quick comments.   1) I don't like the thin-bezel at the top of the window. The top of the window provides a grab point for moving the window around. And a place to quickly glance to see info about the window - for Safari it is the title of the web page. For iTunes it could be the currently playing song.   2) What do Command-Up Arrow and Command-Down Arrow do? They move you to the top or bottom of a window. But not...
It looks like if you want I/O options you need to buy a Mac mini. Ethernet, FW800, HDMI, Thunderbolt, 4x USB3, SDXC, Audio in & out, infrared.   The specs for the iMac say of the audio jack, "Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone". So there is audio in hiding in the port.   The two Thunderbolt ports certainly have potential, but I don't think we've seen external boxes with a variety of I/O ports in them.   The SD slot location looks like a huge...
  iPad comparison chart: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/compare   I see no reason to buy the iPad 2 now. It's completely outspeced by the mini in everything but size.   I have to believe Phil's emphasis on apps was meant to ward off the comparison to other tablets based on screen resolution. Sure, other screens have more pixels, but what can you put IN the pixels? I'm not knowledgeable enough on Android tablets to know how good or bad the tablet apps...
I loaded up at the end of September @ $680. They've been sliding ever since!  I'm in for the long term and have no worry that they'll recover. But it sure would have been nice to have bought a few more shares. I'm contemplating moving some more over to AAPL. This has been a pretty big dip.
So "wirelessly" becomes the new "with a computer" or "on the Internet"? I see the value in being able to go from one device to a legacy port via a wireless connection, but _I_ don't find it novel enough to patent - but then I'm not a patent lawyer. One could say AirPlay is a wireless adapter that goes from a device to an HDMI signal. Or wireless speakers are an adapter that use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.   I understand the application, but I don't see how it's novel when...
AIEEEE!!!   Comments no longer jumps into the forum?! Bleh!
Yes, you CAN never buy another thing from Amazon, but Amazon makes it very easy to continue buying things from them. I'm sure Amazon has the numbers to know how much current Kindle owners buy from them.   I'm glad to see the continued improvements it tablets - higher PPI, brighter screens. And the eReaders keep getting better, too. It's a fast moving technology space. All of the "device makers" - Samsung, et al - are going to have a rough time competing with "service"...
Nice move. I should have sold some at the end of yesterday. Oh well, picked some up this morning at $575.