or Connect

Posts by jasenj1

(Did not read entire thread.)   So is this an ultra-light laptop/netbook or a tablet? Is the UI touch-centric or stock Windows? Both? It'll never work. Developers won't be compelled to design truly touch-centric applications when they can sell their product to desktop/laptop users as well as have a fair expectation that owners of this thing will have the accessories to use it as a standard Windows machine.   Apple has it right. If you want a keyboard-centric...
I wish I'd poured all my retirement money into Apple back in the early 90s when I got my first real job and started dabbling in investing. As it is, I only bought a few dozen shares and have sold most of them over the years for things like a downpayment on a house. But I'm still bullish on Apple and acquire a share now and then when I can. Fortunately, many of my 401k funds have Apple as a large holding.   The only similar returns I've had was back in the tech bubble...
There is a huge installed base of software that uses the current aspect ration and pixel count. Changing either of those would significantly impact developers and cause a splintering of the iOS products. So I don't think Apple is going to add some rows of pixels to one end of the display just for grins.   Regarding size, yes, a larger display would be nice. But there are constraints such as the size of people's pockets that limit how big you can make a device and...
Meh. Easy with Fidelity. Fee per trade is $7.95. I only spend what I can afford to lose - and I have a recent history of losing, unfortunately.
Hyperbole in the service of sarcasm is lost on the Internet. So sad.   - Jasen.   P.S. I bought one more share of AAPL on Friday.
  This is how I know you're a complete crackpot. 100 hundred years!? That's ten thousand years! No company has existed that long. Your opinion is useless and you are a fool!   Honestly, guys, can you tone it down a bit. Both of you are brilliant investors, I'm sure. Both of you have professional experience trading stocks and evaluating companies. Good for you. Mostly you seem to be talking past each other and using different words for different meanings - semantics. And...
I hope not. There's a fine balance between releasing updates frequently enough that people upgrade and keep your revenue stream going, and updating too quickly so that people put off upgrading because they know a new one is just around the corner, or that if they do upgrade a new one will be out soon so why bother?   That said, Apple has to maintain some feature parity with their competition. If Samsung comes out with a GPU 5x faster than what Apple has (and has any...
If it makes the iDevice more shatter resistant, I'm all for it. I dropped my iPod just wrong and the display shattered. I know others who have done the same thing.   - Jasen.
  This. The real cost of the phone is buried in the monthly contract fee. For all we know, AT&T may be kicking money back to Wal*Mart for each iPhone contract activation.   I'm paying $35/mo for unlimited data and a few hundred minutes of voice with VirginMobile/Sprint. Yes, I have to actually buy the phone, but the cost of the phone is not hidden from me.   - Jasen.
Oops. You're right. Ok, make that 80-20 or 90-10. My bad, I though Apple was keeping 70%. - Jasen.