or Connect

Posts by jasenj1

XLR8 Your Mac has a good page of user reports on this issue. From the anecdotal evidence, it appears the VGA output signal on the mini is weak - and out of spec. From the reports, it is hard to tell whether all the minis are weak or just some/many. If this problem gets big enough, I smell a class action suit. If it can be shown that a large chunk of the Mac minis' VGA output is not compliant with the VGA spec I'd think consumers would have a good case. I'd think...
3D? As in modeling, animation, or what? And if any of those, why? There are lots of great 3D apps for the Mac, and several are open source/free ones. Unless by "never before seen" you mean some crazy new 3D thing that will make people hit their foreheads and say, "why didn't I think of that?" I think WWDC will see PCI-Express PowerMacs and a big emphasis on CoreImage/Video - teaching all the devs to REALLY take advantage of the GPU, possibly beyond image manipulation,...
NAB (National Association of Broadcasters). IIRC, Apple has introduced new versions of their video content creation apps (Motion, DVD Studio Pro, Final Cut Pro) and I _THINK_ XSAN at NAB. This year I suspect we'll see CoreImage/Data versions of all/some of the pro apps, and QT7 with strong emphasis on H.264. Tiger should be out by then; I doubt they'd show Core-enabled versions of the pro apps without a finalized OS to run them on. \ In my dreams, Apple would...
I don't think a "swarming" or distributed distribution model will ever work. Reasons: liability and assuring the integrity of the data. Once joe-shmoe and joe-hacker are part of the distribution chain, how long before joe-hacker figures out a way to corrupt the data being sent to others? Insert a virus, or a little pr0n into the data stream. Hehe, good fun. All the distribution nodes need to be secure and trust worthy. That's never going to happen on the great...
http://www.macdesktops.com - Jasen.
No, cubist didn't read the article and complained about life expectancy. Onlooker just voiced incredulity at the whole idea. - Jasen.
Please pay attention and read the original post and/or the press release it linked to. The Mitsu projector uses LEDs with a 20,000 hour life (estimated 10 years running 5 hrs/day). onlooker, your pessimism and lack of vision disappoint me. Methinks folks said the same sort of things about the iPod. What a failure that's been! - Jasen.
Hmmm... You want the "best" video camera, but are willing to sacrifice picture quality? I think your definition of "best" is different than that of serious camcorder users. Most camcorders will plug into iMovie and transfer dead easily. Beyond that, it sounds like ease of use is more important to you than pure picture quality. IMHO, the less $$$ you spend the fewer options and settings a camera will have. Some people will interpret this as "simple" others will think...
Looks like Mitsubishi may have beaten Apple to the LED projector punch. Mitsu's projector only does 800x600 and won't be out till July, plenty of time for Apple to make an announcement at NAB or the WWDC of a true HD device. - Jasen.
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,66460,00.html Wired is running a story about the popularity of the iPod causing some friction at Microsoft's Redmond campus. You may join me in gloating. - Jasen. P.S. Someone else started a thread about this in the Digital Hub forum, too.