or Connect

Posts by Daekwan

I'd say it comes down to logistics.  Every major manufacturer orders parts in bulk and under large contracts.  I'd bet the contract for the parts for the 'old' iMac simply ran out prematurely and since it was time to renew the order, it simply made more sense to go ahead with the newer components build.  The plan all along was to have all of this happen the same week as WWDC, but the order simply happened sooner than expected.  Rather than let customers wait again on...
Umm if we are talking about the Samsung 951 SSD.. then my two month old 2015 13" rMBP has the same SSD.  This drive (along with ForchTouch trackpad) debuted in the 13" retina MBP's the first week of March.   I'm not a spec-whore.. but I believe it is capable of up to 2.2GB/s.. or three times as fast as SATA-3.  Its been real world tested to around 1.5GB/s with various file transfer programs.  
Who are you?
I was one of those people who were seriously disappointed and frustrated with the launch of the new Retina Macbook.  I actually set my alarm to wake up at 3am EST just to order it.  It was supposed to be a surprise gift for my fiancee who had her 6 year old Macbook Unibody (the old white one) stolen a month ago.. and has been struggling trying to make it day-to-day without her computer.  I woke up on time for the order, logged in and saw that the quoted ship times were 1-3...
I believe Ferrari has had CarPlay in vehicles for the past year.  Lambroghini or some other very expensive maker also offers. Hyundai will be the first mass market maker to offer it.  2016 Sonata's (and other Hyundai vehicles) are supposed to support both Apple Carplay and Google's Android Auto.  Look for 2016's to hit the lot in a couple of months. 
I'll believe when I see it.   Porsche has one of the most outdated infotainment interfaces on the market.  I've been car shopping for the past year and have considered a pre-owned 991 many times.. but the infotainment system is one of the reasons I've continued to look elsewhere.  MB Command, BMW iDrive, Audi MMI.. hell even Chryler's Uconnect system available in $20K Dodge vehicles all seem generations ahead of Porsche PCM.  The ridiculously outdated tech makes it hard...
 You literally solved your own proposed dilemma in your post. If you are "constantly fumbling around swapping power/USB stick/phone/whatever".. why would you buy this tiny computer instead of a "MPBr you're pretty much guaranteed it'll work with anything standard; be that Ethernet, USB, MagSafe, etc, without a multitude of dongles." Anyone who always has the need to plug that much stuff in.. should not be buying this.
 I do agree that Apple really needs to put a Retina screen in the 11/13" Macbook air (and also needs to update their 27" Thunderbolt display to support 4K & USB-C).  But considering this Macbook has a 12" screen, tiny keyboard, weighs only 2lbs, uses a 1.1ghz CoreM processor.. and is only about a thick as a 1st gen iPad.. it was never meant to be much more than an iPad with a non-removable keyboard.  The New Macbook is basically redefining what an "ultra" portable laptop...
I care.  And so do others.  Jailbreak gives me free tethering on my Verizon unlimited 4G data plan.  For that reason alone it is always worth it. But since you asked.  Why do you care.. who cares?
Thanks! Thats the only thing I came here to look for