or Connect

Posts by Daekwan

Agreed this should have been $299 if Apple really wanted to deliver a knockout punch to imitation Android market.  Probably the most amazing part of the original iPad's introduction was the price!  Everybody.. and I mean Everybody expected it to cost around $700-800.  When Steve said $499 people's jaws literally dropped.  You could pretty much say the opposite happened with the mini announcement, as the price was higher than most people expected.  Especially considering...
Was really looking forward to a new 11ac-Extreme router getting announced today along with the iPad Mini.  My girlfriend is getting me a NAS for my birthday and I'd love a new router to go along with it.   With the stability and easy setup/configuration of the Apple routers.  I'd rather pay for their older mid2011 Extreme router that supports up to N.. than risk other brands new 11ac models.  If theres one lesson I've learned in consumer electronics, is a fast/stable...
I agree in that Apple products and the secrecy in which they are developed, are way too hot of an item not to leak from China.  Lets be real.  China isnt afraid to blatently clone (in addition to copy) almost any product.  Its not like this is some country with high corporate ethical standards.  Forget phones for a minute, China copies entire VEHICLES.. like the Cadillac Escalade!   Is it really a surprise.  That somewhere along the development or production, of anything...
I still find it hilarious that Samsung is suing Apple for anything.   Let me get this right.  You began to blatently copy your BIGGEST customer, copying everything from their hardware to their software to their accessories to even their store chain.  The CEO of that company warns you over and over again about copying their products, but you continue.  The CEO goes on record saying "And boy have we patented it" when formally introducing their most valuable product to...
1) Every LTE network is blazing fast in the first year it starts up, because its barely being used.  Its like a stretch of new highway that drivers haven't started using yet.  Remember AT&T's LTE network is still fairly new.. and so is their LTE phone selection.  Lets talk in another year as AT&T's LTE network becomes saturated, because the vast majority of smartphones currently being sold support LTE.   2) While I agree Verizon's 3G is pitifully slow for a 3G network, it...
Just like I said on other social media sites.     I believe the vast majority of people "claiming" they arent buying the iPhone5 for various reasons like this (scratchgate, antennagate, mapgate, etc).. had no intention of getting it in the first place.  I'm not calling them liars.  But they might as well be saying that the $100k Porsche 911 they were "planning" to buy.. gets 1mpg less than what the sticker says.. so thats why they arent getting it lol.  Yeah right...
  Excellent analogy.  EVERY phone is capable of being scratched.   Every cellphone/smartphone I've owned has ended up dropped, scratched or beat up.  Why?  Because its the device I generally use the most all day, its in my pocket, my jacket, my bookbag, my gymbag, my car, my desk, my house, even my bed.  Knowing that, is why I use a case.. and why a case provides the extra protection a person like me needs.  Its not Apple's fault that I drop, scratch or beat up my...
Is anyone surprised.  Samsung is not just a competitor, but is at the top of the food supply chain.  The more you depend on them, the stronger you make them and the weaker your position becomes.   Why keep feeding the Giant, so he can only step on you more.  
I have no problem with them advertising their product.  But its always a little creepy how they follow Apple so closely.  Opening an Microsoft store, right beside an Apple store.  Or taking out full page ads showing a 1vs1 comparison of their phone vs the iPhone.     Microsoft & Samsung are both acting like that annoying ex that just wont leave you alone.  You've been there, done that before.. and you've just moved on.  But they wont stop calling, emailing, texting,...
Just updated my mid 2011 13" MBA.  First I've seen of the iPhone 9.4.1 update also.  It was dated 10/01/12.. but I certainly didnt see it before today.   After installing both updates.. my mail app also reconfigured itself.  I guess to support the Japanese characters better.   Always feels so weird to have to reboot my Macbook after installing these updates.  Its about the only time my Macbook gets restarted.  Coming from the Windows world.. thats always a pretty...