or Connect

Posts by Daekwan

I dont think this would surprise anyone.  But it definitely steps the Apple-Samsung breakup up another level.  The $1billion lawsuit win already stepped things up another notch.  Loosing more $Billions in annual chip manufactering sales doubles down on that.
I just had to make this decision minutes ago.  My girlfriend needs a new router and I wanted to purchase her the latest version of the Apple Extreme.  My choices of where to purchase it were:   Apple.com new price is $179 (+$6 tax +$6 2-day shipping) Amazon.com new price $170 (w/free prime shipping and no tax).   Apple.com refurbished price $139 (+$6 tax +$6 2-day shipping)   Amazon.com "Apple refurbished" price $137 (w/free prime shipping and no...
Its a business decision.. and Apple is a business.  They didnt make it this far by not knowing how to put deals together that work.  If current CEO Tim Cook really is the supply chain genius many suspect him to be, then they have right person making the decisions of where to go from here.  In fact I dont know of anyone better qualified that Tim to make those decisions.  Maybe Steve saw all this coming and is why he wanted Tim leading the company.. instead of someone else...
You are absolutely right!   That $1 Billion dollar settlement definitely taught Samsung a lesson.
Disclaimer:  I own the Verizon iPhone5.   If the Verizon iPhone5's SIM card slot is unlocked, what's the big deal.  I understand that these phones are "officially" unlocked.. but it seems they are no different than buying a Verizon iPhone5 or paying full price for a AT&T version (in which case AT&T will unlock the phone).     Someone looking for an unlocked iPhone5, has already had plenty of opportunities to purchase one.
And its not just me, that has noticed the Apple routers are MUCH more reliable and stable than any other competitor.  This is taken from the last paragraph of the conclusion section.. when AnandTech did their comparison of '09 spec vs '11spec Airport Extreme:   http://www.anandtech.com/show/4577/airport-extreme-5th-gen-and-time-capsule-4th-gen-review-faster-wifi-/9     "I guess the reason that I personally use an Airport Extreme (in conjunction with another...
While I agree it was disappointing that Apple didnt announce the ac router, my needs for a router arent just speed.  Reliability and uptime are just as, if not more, important than all out speed.  Before I bought my first (and only) Airport router 2 years ago.. I tried the brands you listed above and Dlink, Belkin and Trendnet.  Like every other Apple product I thought it was overpriced, but I was so frustrated that I couldnt find a router that "just worked" I was willing...
Agreed this should have been $299 if Apple really wanted to deliver a knockout punch to imitation Android market.  Probably the most amazing part of the original iPad's introduction was the price!  Everybody.. and I mean Everybody expected it to cost around $700-800.  When Steve said $499 people's jaws literally dropped.  You could pretty much say the opposite happened with the mini announcement, as the price was higher than most people expected.  Especially considering...
Was really looking forward to a new 11ac-Extreme router getting announced today along with the iPad Mini.  My girlfriend is getting me a NAS for my birthday and I'd love a new router to go along with it.   With the stability and easy setup/configuration of the Apple routers.  I'd rather pay for their older mid2011 Extreme router that supports up to N.. than risk other brands new 11ac models.  If theres one lesson I've learned in consumer electronics, is a fast/stable...
I agree in that Apple products and the secrecy in which they are developed, are way too hot of an item not to leak from China.  Lets be real.  China isnt afraid to blatently clone (in addition to copy) almost any product.  Its not like this is some country with high corporate ethical standards.  Forget phones for a minute, China copies entire VEHICLES.. like the Cadillac Escalade!   Is it really a surprise.  That somewhere along the development or production, of anything...