or Connect

Posts by Daekwan

How sad must your life be to troll on a Apple website?  
I was about to start my post with "What dumbazz would pay the same amount of money for Ultrabook, as they could pay for a Macbook Air".   And while I still dont feel much differently from that point, I have to understand all of us are individuals and have different needs/wants/likes.  And that many people simply dont know any better (i.e. they have never used a Macbook).  As others have said, there are those who use Windows and want to use nothing else.  And while I...
  1) That shyt looks SWEET!!!    Wonder how long before Samsung steals it?   2) I dont think many people over the age of 25 currently use the front camera for taking pics.  But younger users definitely love the front camera.  They use it for videochat and most for taking pics of themselves.. we've all seen the duckface pics on myspace & facebook.  Plenty of times I've seen them just taking pictures of themselves with the front camera in public, including group shots....
The only reason it ever sold well is because you could buy that family member or spouse a "$200 tablet for Christmas, that does most of the stuff a $500 iPad does".  Because thats what it was advertised as.   Chances are that family member or spouse never even wanted the damn thing, never found a use for it.  And more importantly that family member or spouse went out an bought an iPad later.  Which means your $200 cheapass Christmas present now sits in desk drawer....
  When a product line has sold over 300 million devices, that uses your mapping system.. and then decides to drop you.  Its an absolutely HUGE concern.   There's simply no way to spin that.
Sounds like Google had a few ideas on updating their maps app for while.  And they were just sitting around for a while in some early beta/labs form.  But all of sudden, now that Apple is expected to give them the chop at WWDC, they want to quickly announce these beta features as soon as possible to save face.   I find it extremely hard to believe this is some coincedence that Google is doing this, in San Francisco, less than one week before the heavily rumored Apple...
  Its a phone.  A device that is pretty much one big screen, with a few little buttons & a connector.  How much different will it ever look than elongated version of the current theme?
I disagree.  They could make the phone is almost the same overall size factor, with a bigger 4" screen, simply by using a thinner bezel.  The phone doesnt have to be "inconveniently large".   4G is already primetime, why do you think Apple has already introduced a 4G iPad?  4G is currently available in every major US city.  Outside of that fact, Verizon already has 2/3rds of the US covered and is still bringing cities online, AT&T is getting close to 1/2, Sprint & Tmobile...
  I disagree with the "lack of common sense" comment.  Sleepy nailed it perfectly when he said that 3.5" was is just too darn small these days. it was fine in 2007, but now, with so much rich media, videos, ability to see full websites, productivity apps, etc, 3.5" is downright restrictive.  I'm not saying everyone wants the ridiculous sized Galaxy Note mini-tablet as a phone.  But the way we use a smartphone these days is a helluva lot different than what we did 5 years...
I dont think its ugly, I just dont think its gorgeous either.  Either way its not impressive enough to make me switch from my 4S.   While I appreciate the competition & motivation that the Android OS and its manufacters (especially Samsung) have provided to Apple and its iPhone, it still seems like a bunch of spec whoring.  Apple competitors still dont understand the attraction to Apple.. comes from the user experience, elegance of its devices and that if they are...