or Connect

Posts by Alexmit

My intention was not to cite any occasion or affect, but to state a simple fact. You own the license, not the software. It's plain and simple. I'm not defending Adobe or any software vendor picking this business model. Another simple fact is that if you stop paying under the CC 'subscription', you don't get to continue to use the current software version as long as you wish unlike the current licensing. Adobe could change the current license on CS if they chose to.
You don't "OWN" any of the software you use. You own the license to use it until such time the EULA changes in a fashion that does not allow you to use it further. CC is no different than the current licensing barring the 'subscription' clause. It just allows Adobe to quickly cut you off for any reason they see necessary. CC is not a 'subscription' as the like to call it. It's a software lease. The only problem is that CC requires a 'subscription' to continue using the...
This is a good thing although it's sad that the government is involved in making it happen. If Cable Operators don't step into the future, IPTV will force them to make the transition anyway. Broadcasters will only be strong-armed by the Cable Operators for so long before they take over their own delivery medium cutting out the middle man.
Where I live this would be no better than a standard deadbolt. A size 12 shoe takes out the area surrounding the lock or the door frame easier than any bluetooth hack.
Find a new pic. That pic is way overused. Just the Foxconn logo would be fine.
NO! Not ever. This seems to be the overwhelming answer all over the net. So who or where are these people who 'prefer' this new subscription model? The casual user?
"WSJ" "Analyst" "Pundit" "Insider"... All terms that mean nothing to me other than lies, conjecture and hearsay.
I don't need a bigger phone to add a larger bulge in my pants. I'm fine with the iPhone 4 size.
Buy that kid a new swimsuit.
Is this for the new Pope?