or Connect

Posts by Playmaker

I'd just like to address the "featureitis" comment because if this were the case with Picasa (and I think I know where you're coming from) then this would make Picasa function on a slow bulky level. In fact it's still amazing to me how fast Picasa runs with a ton of photos. in terms of speed there is no comparison what so ever between the two applications. Apple take notes on this one.
Kim, I have tried to ignore your obvious emotional attachment to iPhoto to see if you would make any observations that were not Apple-centric (it's OK I understand). The fact of the matter is if iPhoto is only updated every year or so thats a check in the negative catagory for iPhoto. If we're making comparisons between the two Apps lets try and forget about the fact that Apple didnt create it as unfortunate as this might be. I am looking at the overall user experience...
I just read that OSX was declined in favor of Red Hat. One of the projects spokespersons was quoted in the article saying that they declined Apple's offer to provide copies of OSX for free because it is not open source. They want the users of the laptops to be able to tinker with the OS. Unreal....some twit from M.I.T. thinks people just learning to use computers are going to tinker with the operating system. Whatever.
Not sure how it handles the different versions, but from what I can see it doesnt carry multiple versions or copys of the original files because I've looked for them. As far as backing up there are a few options; first any photo from any library can be highlighted and then by clicking hold (bottom left of the screen)you mark them ready for whatever next function needed. Then you can choose the export option or burn cd option on the lower right hand corner to export the...
You are indeed correct they do claim to have a Mac version of everything (google earth, google desktop, etc.) in the works but it doesnt seem to materialize, however I have scoured the google/picasa pages for a "mac version in the works" statement and unfortunatly I cant seem to find it. sorry for the misinformation there. I am not sure how to answer some of the comparison questions I've read but from what I can see the coolest thing about Picasa that I can see is the...
I just purchased the 17-85 i.s. for my 20D and it's fantastic.
I’d like to clear up some points a few people have mentioned and then address the iPhoto/Picasa ease of use comparison. First here are some basic system requirements for Picasa since we will be making comparisons… Picasa requires: •\tPC with 300MHz Pentium® processor and MMX® technology. •\t64 MB RAM (128MB Recommended) •\t50 MB available hard disk space (100MB recommended) •\t800 × 600 pixels, 16 bit color monitor. •\tMicrosoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft®...
I sort of expected to catcha lot of flack about my original comments, but it's interesting how many people tend to agree who have tried both aplications. I wanted to post the portion about how there is a Mac version in the works but I cant seem to find it anywhere...might have been Google Earth. Let me know if anyone comes across that statement.
OK, OK so it's an opinion but its one based on several hours of use with both applications. I am forced to use a PC at work as I have mentioned before and as a result I need to find applications that ease this travisty. I downloaded Google's Picasa about 3 or 4 months ago and have spent more and more time with it over the last 2 months. I have been using its basic resizing functions to export many of my pictures into another application that has jpeg restrictions. As a...
I needed to purchase a new camera for my new job and decided to go for the gusto. I just got a UPS package containing my Canon 20D and Canon 17-85mm i.s. lens sweeeeeet This thing is quite possibly the most beautiful piece of hardware I have ever purchased next to my 23" cinema display of course