or Connect

Posts by Wings

I don't think messaging is part of their security problem. Apple encrypts their messages end-to-end, and even the FBI was seen complaining about this a few years back. Although I'm pretty sure that there is no encryption when messaging a non iOS phone.
I wonder if Gene:   Recorded his queries and played them back to both phones. If not, subtle differences in the voice of the person doing the speaking could alter the results.   Recorded the background noise used in the uncontrolled environment and played the same recording to both phones.   Placed the background noise AND the query in the same recording so each query as heard by the phone had the same exact background noise and spoken query.   Was in a soundproof...
 I'll second that.
Since NYC is always banning this, that, or the other, my glance at the headline made me think the article was about some iBeacon app being banned from the city. ( NYC "bars" ... something)
"Tape over the camera will defeat this dumb idea." Let's see ... you get in your car ... Doors locked - check. Seat belt fastened - check. Engine start - check. Clear to move - check. Peel of some tape from the dash mounted dispenser, place over camera lens - check. Think much?
For a second? Don't get something started. It may SEEM like a second, but it's only 0.4 seconds if you include pressing the home button; if you're  phone is already activated then a scan takes just 0.24 seconds. Here's a video showing it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW3OcxMnhwc
This is great. We're well on our way for the phone to be as thin as a sheet of paper. And once we get there the only problems left will be (1) how to pick it up, and (2) how to avoid paper cuts.
War? How can it be a war when Apple hasn't declared it yet? If anything, Apple is developing their thermonuclear iWatch and will swat these Google flies with one detonation when they're ready.
I think Jesse Jackson is probably the worst spokesman for racial equality. He can create more in the negative column than he can in the plus.
I have 5 fingers programmed, but only one that fades. Middle finger, right hand. Weird.   (And no, I don't wear it out by flipping the bird at people.)