or Connect

Posts by Cash907

Oprah comes every year, and her relevance to the tech world is questionable at best. She has a beautiful jet though, I'll give her that.Got a love hate relationship with this gathering. Love that it brings jobs and a lot of cash into the valley, but hate that it makes going out to eat/shop/drive anywhere basically impossible for that entire week. It's also annoying the way some of them think anyone cares who they are, like no one around here isn't used to celebrities in...
Eh, I'm happy with my Pebble Steel. It does what I need it to, looks good with my suit and last 5-6 days per charge. I like the idea of the Apple Watch, but not enough to spend 400 bucks on a band. Maybe I'll look again in the fall after WatchOS 2.0 drops and more third party bands are available.
We said Apple was cheap, not evil. They tried to save a buck, as is the usual for any corporation. In the end, outcry from artists and labels and negative public image with the consumer was deemed more expensive in the long run, so Apple reversed course.Business isn't good or evil, it's just business. Even when one does the "right thing," it's general because some number cruncher showed it would be the cheaper or most beneficial thing in the end.This whole "so and so...
You can't get the free trial without subscribing first. Credit card has to be on file etc. You can cancel before the three months are up and not be charged anything, however. This is how companies have offered "free" trials in the past and avoided anti-trust issues, so using that excuse to not pay their content providers is garbage.
The app crashed on me during beta signup a couple days ago, and now won't launch at all. Gonna have to wait until beta 2 drops before I can check it out. Not going to reinstall beta 1 just to listen to radio.
It's an ebook. What else is it supposed to be good for?And my dog chewed up my Kindle Graphite, but that gave me an excuse to upgrade :-)
The issue you mentioned is being addressed in the next software update which will roll out to all devices when the new Paperwhite ships at the end of the month, and is already available on the iOS and Android Kindle apps as well as the Kindle Fire line.As for the kindle being a "joke," I'm on my third one since launch (Original Paperwhite) and I read more now thanks to it than I ever did prior. I travel a lot for work and being able to carry my library with me in a tiny...
Well experiment over. After sitting idle for 7 hours 11 minutes, battery life dropped a whopping 54% That's some serious leakage. Again I blame the new intuitive Siri, and whatever it is she's doing in the background, for this. Writing up my bug report now and hope it's addressed in Beta 2.
That's why you buy them from a reputable source on Amazon or eBay. I've been repairing iPhones for 4 years and have never had a single battery issue. On average, battery life doubles after replacement.
Apple will admit how much of a mistake one port on the new Macbook was when the next version rolls out with at least two. That's about as good of an apology/admission you'll ever get from them, which most will freely accept as they ebay their old one to buy the new one.