or Connect

Posts by Cash907

This is great and all, not really surprising, but the only time I look at CR is when buying a blender or vacuum cleaner. Their tech and car reviews are ridiculously skewed towards the elderly.
  The latest version of Xbox Dashboard is running Metro, but it works much better with the Kinect controlling it. It's so nice not having to search for the remote when I get home. I turn on the tv and xbox, and then yell at my TV from the kitchen what I want. By the time I've finished throwing together a salad and such I've got Netflix playing whatever series I'm watching at the time and everything is grand.
  And if Samsung hadn't literally spent double last year on R&D what Apple is bragging about spending this year, your clever quip might mean something.
Looks like a solid bit of tech, but I'm having a hard time justifying the 50 dollar price premium over the 16GB iPhone 5. They might want to rethink that if their aim is to seriously compete.
  This.   He's supposedly an audiophile, yet "detests" add-on speakers? Huh? Even a cheap pair of entry level Creative Labs 2.1 speakers blows the very best set of built in speakers right out of the water in terms of range and frequency response. I'm not wild about clutter either, which is why I have a nice soundbar from Yamaha mounted on the wall behind my 27" monitor, and the subwoofer under my desk. It fills the entire room with rich, clean sound but is barely...
Yeah good luck getting "we do it OUR way" Apple to sign onto that. They're still dragging their heels on NFC adoption in general, let alone it's implementation in something like that.That's really my only beef when it comes to Apple tech: it's ok to use something your eggheads didn't think of, guys. Licensing tech isn't the end of the world.
Well let's see: the stock has been in a relative free-fall since peaking around the release of the iPhone 5, multiple reports of sales, stock, and revenue not meeting expectations, and going on what, 8 months now without a single new product or announcement.   While I feel bad for Cook in that it's true the positives outweigh the negatives, and that this wouldn't be a problem if it were any other company and not Apple, it's not any other company and it IS Apple. Fair...
These pieces are starting to sound more and more like excuses than actual news articles.
The only funny part was when Hurley kept getting snubbed like he wasnt even there. The rest was garbage. And where was PC? Mac isn't funny without PC.
Ah ok thanks.