or Connect

Posts by Cash907

I put a lot of thought into this, and fondled one the other night at the Apple store for a good half hour, but I decided to pass and just get an SSD for my 2009 13" MBP.   While I loved the screen and the size/weight, that price is ridiculous.   Here's hoping things improve with the 2013 revision.
And not for nothing, but the new iPads have said "Shipping in 1 week" since they were first posted on the Apple store website last Friday. I know because I've been watching them to gauge interest, since my wife's two week old iPad 3 is going back on Friday as soon as Best Buy opens, and if they went out of stock quickly that would tell me demand was high and I need to be there at 8 when they open. Otherwise, I was just going to go on my lunch break.
  If you'd said Audi or Porsche, I'd agree with you, but Beemers are status symbols bought for prestige and not performance.
  That cow box was awesome. Establishing brand identity through things like a spotted box that stood out in a sea of brown boxes was a trick Apple itself copied and mastered in the mid to late 90's.   Back in it's Sioux City Iowa, still family owned days, Gateway 2000 had the second highest reliability in the PC market, so I'm not understanding what you feel any owner should be embarrassed about. Perhaps you thought this was an android-centered article, and required your...
  Which was ironic, since Gateway also pioneered the concept of "built to order" PC's back in the 80's, which Dell would later run with and make their name off of. My first real computer was a Gateway 2000 486-66DX2 with two full megs of RAM, which was a requirement because Wing Commander III ran like garbage under anything less. When it arrived, it came with a nice shiny folder which included a thank you note signed by the cell of four employees who put it together for...
Did Dell ever have a retail operation? I don't recall any. Gateway 2000, soon after simply Gateway Inc, pioneered the concept of a corporate run, single brand computer retail store called Gateway Country in the late 90's. I worked at one for about a year, and from the welcoming cafe-like setup where customers were invited to sit down and explore the systems, to the in-house full featured tech support, Apple Stores seemed like a carbon copy of those Gateway Country...
  Dunce? What are you, five? If you had a point, I don't care to read it, as I have no interest talking to the intellectual equivalent of a small, ill mannered child.
  That's interesting. Those reduced margins must be due to the new tech involved in it's construction, since it's internals are all essentially a pared down version of the iPad 2's guts. If this is the case, those margins should increase to Apple's normal levels with the next iteration, assuming they keep this price structure.
Considering their iPad sales are already being cannibalized by the market anyway, why would he worry about this? I do think it's odd that he priced the thing at 329 instead of 299, considering how natural a progression it would have been going from that to 399 for the iPad 2, and 499 for the iPad 4. I think the market critics would have been much kinder as well, which is silly, since 30 dollars doesn't really make that much of a difference for a product that's already...
Huh? This thing is only packing integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics, there's no discrete graphics chip anywhere under this hood.And thanks for killing my interest in a product I've been anticipating for over a year, Apple, by charging $800 for $350 worth of SSD storage. I know you have a long history of sticking it to the customer when it comes to solid state memory (does anyone think that extra 16gb of memory really costs Apple a hundred bucks in the 32gb iPad vs the 16gb...