or Connect

Posts by Cash907

I was thinking about doing this myself. Do you have the SSD plugged into the HDD port, and the HDD plugged into the Optical port, the other way around, or does it make a difference? I've only recently considered doing this so I don't know much about the pros and cons of different configurations.
Oh? Where? I see one comment from one reviewer above, who may have concluded there were two speakers as there are two grilles. Multiple reviewers made the same mistake when the iPhone 5 was released, until the tear down revealed it was just one speaker inside.Also, from Apple's website:Lightning connector3.5-mm stereo headphone minijackBuilt-in speakerMicrophoneNano-SIM card traySpeaker. Singular. If they have said otherwise, it's neither on their website nor linked to the...
Huh. Wonder how well it'll fly when Samsung follows suit and dictates to the court what penalties it's willing to pay, cuz that's apparently the world we live in now.
Can't wait for the eventual tear down, to see if the spec sheet on Apple's website is correct, and there really is just one speaker. Remember: two grilles /= two speakers. Oh, and "mono" means one, and "speaker" means speaker.
  So far the answer to accuracy and brightness is "yes," but by a tiny, anal margin, much like the higher DPI. Skil said "best," not "noticeably best." My 63 year old mother has an iPad 2, and can't tell the difference between her iPad and my wife's iPad 3. As for battery length, at the same settings of brightness, it runs about 20 minutes less than the ipad 3, which isn't a huge deal considering that's still over 9 hours of playback.
  I had that same thought, and it would make sense, as it's worked very well for Intel.
  Well, the screen of the Nexus 10 IS better, by a not slim margin, and there is a good chance it's faster too, which will show when both are finally benchmarked. As for the last point, most versatile, Android is largely more open and adaptable then iOS, while iOS has more apps currently, so one could argue it both ways.   I find it interesting that AI hasn't said word one about the Nexus 10, or the Nexus 4, for that matter, nor anything about the spec and price bumped 7....
  Probably, just the same way the iPhone's refresh cycle was bumped from June/July to September/October.
I put a lot of thought into this, and fondled one the other night at the Apple store for a good half hour, but I decided to pass and just get an SSD for my 2009 13" MBP.   While I loved the screen and the size/weight, that price is ridiculous.   Here's hoping things improve with the 2013 revision.
And not for nothing, but the new iPads have said "Shipping in 1 week" since they were first posted on the Apple store website last Friday. I know because I've been watching them to gauge interest, since my wife's two week old iPad 3 is going back on Friday as soon as Best Buy opens, and if they went out of stock quickly that would tell me demand was high and I need to be there at 8 when they open. Otherwise, I was just going to go on my lunch break.