or Connect

Posts by Cash907

Oh Lion was a nightmare for me, but lets not confuse mess with disaster. Lion was a mess in the same way Vista was, in my mind. Vista dropped legacy driver support, Lion dropped legacy app support. You lost quite a bit with both "upgrades," but what did you gain exactly? Natural scrolling and icloud functionality that was rolled out to 10.6  shortly thereafter, thus negating any real reason to upgrade anyway? I ended up ditching Lion because it broke the backup...
Hmmm.. sounds like Apple plans on patenting the Status Update next.
  Nice to see you have to explain when the Mod decides to act like a 5 year old.
Eh. Functionally, Windows 8 is fine, and even has some nice new features versus 7. It's also been very stable right from the get go, so no complaints there. Metro is the real issue here, and MS needs to realize that what is probably good for a touch interface is cumbersome shit with a mouse and keyboard. I understand they are going for cross platform parity and functionality, much like Apple with their Mountain Lion and iOS 6, but I have the sneaking suspicion that...
As for this deal, you're better holding off for the eventual 99 dollar 4S. Though it's pretty much identical to the 4 speed-wise, reception seems to be better with the new antenna design, and the camera is noticeably better, especially in low light conditions. Add to this the fact that all iOS6 functionality will be supported on the S, and it's worth the wait plus the extra 50 bucks.
  Funny you should say that, as I've seen you mock users on a regular basis here. Do as you say, not as you do, eh Skil?
Buh-bye, Lion. Otherwise known as OS X Vista.   You worthless, buggy, laggy, piece of garbage OS, you.
You don't have to turn it off. If you don't like it, just don't use it.   After you put in your where from and where to info, hit "Route." This brings up the routing screen with the little blue line charting your course. If you hit "Start" in the top right, it turns on Voice Guided Nav. Since you don't want that, go ahead and click the button on the bottom left that's just to the right of 3D, the one with the little lines through it that looks like a bullet point list....
  Except you don't, if you don't log in to either service in the settings menu. I just tried this on Beta 3, and no popups, no contact syncing, no contextual menu, nothing.   Are you happy when you're not complaining about things, or what? You're worse than a 90 year old woman with a broken hip and an empty carton of smokes.
  Running the GM of Mountain Lion now on my 2009 13" MBP, and while it's not what I'd call snappy, it's miles ahead of Lion in the fact that it doesn't crash every five minutes, and it seems like they've finally fixed that photo scrolling bug, in which pictures would go all whacky while scrolling down the webpage. The best analogy I can come up with is Mountain Lion is to Lion what Windows 7 was to Vista.   The only real annoyance is the new Sandbox architecture for apps,...