or Connect

Posts by Cash907

Dunce? What are you, five? If you had a point, I don't care to read it, as I have no interest talking to the intellectual equivalent of a small, ill mannered child.
  That's interesting. Those reduced margins must be due to the new tech involved in it's construction, since it's internals are all essentially a pared down version of the iPad 2's guts. If this is the case, those margins should increase to Apple's normal levels with the next iteration, assuming they keep this price structure.
Considering their iPad sales are already being cannibalized by the market anyway, why would he worry about this? I do think it's odd that he priced the thing at 329 instead of 299, considering how natural a progression it would have been going from that to 399 for the iPad 2, and 499 for the iPad 4. I think the market critics would have been much kinder as well, which is silly, since 30 dollars doesn't really make that much of a difference for a product that's already...
Huh? This thing is only packing integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics, there's no discrete graphics chip anywhere under this hood.And thanks for killing my interest in a product I've been anticipating for over a year, Apple, by charging $800 for $350 worth of SSD storage. I know you have a long history of sticking it to the customer when it comes to solid state memory (does anyone think that extra 16gb of memory really costs Apple a hundred bucks in the 32gb iPad vs the 16gb...
How is this an "Exclusive" when Gizmodo and The Verge ran this story hours before AI touched it?   Sorry, but that's a bit ridiculous.
Never ceases to amaze me the amount of confusion the ad campaigns for these new sets has caused. I had a business associate swear up and down to me he had an LED TV, not LCD.Personally, I prefer my three year old CCFL Aquos to the newer edge lit LED's. Yeah it might be thicker and heavier, but the lighting is much more uniform without any dead spots or backlight bleed. The local dimming LED's correct this, but they generally cost a grand or two more.
All nonsense like this does is keep honest companies honest, while dishonest asian knockoffs make a killing at a fraction the cost. I'm sure Belkin and the like are just thrilled about this turn of events.
  The increased screen resolution would be nice, but honestly, the only aspect I'm really interested in this for is the slimmer form factor and lighter weight. I loved the size of the MBA, but as I mentioned above, that shallow keyboard just didn't cut it for me. I get what you're saying about why they went with the 15" first though, and agree.   As for there being too many choices, I think this is why you'll see the current 13" and 15" unibody discontinued next year, and...
  Try getting a bulkhead seat if you can. Row 6 on Alaska's 737-800's and 900's. You lose the underseat storage since there's no seat in front of you, but the legroom and work space is almost as good as First Class. They usually stay booked up for elite members, but the hold is released 24 hours before departure, so check in for your flight a day ahead and it should let you grab them.   I tried an 11", but I took it back after a week because I need more screen, and the...
  You know the original 2008 Unibody MBP came out on October 14th, and the Late 2011 MBP refresh was released October 24th, right? A 2012 release on the 26th would be in line with previous launches.