or Connect

Posts by a_greer

I think this is great - the fact is that many people watch WWE events, and they charge $60 a month for the pay per view shows on cable or satalite - this $10 package includes those PPV shows - if Apple wants to sell a shitload of these things, they could partner with WWE and get them to mention the ATV whenever they advertise or promote the new service, They would fly off of the shelves...   You apple snobs may look down from your ivory towers on pro wrestling fans and...
People who buy ipads for large school systems and to a lesser extent companies are either fanboys or ignorant suckers, possibly both...How are the students in LA public schools supposed to write term papers on their iPads? with pages.app and no file system? good luck with that...
Lots of BB users switched to android lately because BB just didnt keep up, but with BB10 they are back and with the q10 we have a modern smartphone with a high quality physical portrate orientation  keyboard so I think within a year we will see a sales split of abut 35% iphone, 40% android, 22% BB and 3% win phone    I doubt I'm the only person who misses the real keyboard from BB, I could type so fast, without looking at the kb, would be nice to get tht back...
There will be no mac pro server room with these goofy things...No reasonable shelving accommodations, cooling would be a nightmare and thats just the top two - in a real data center enviornment, everything that could be moved from OSX to Windows or Linux should be, and if something absolutely _MUST_ run on OSX Server, Minis would be a better option - and can do just about any server task fairly well...and if you want a render node/farm, you would be insane to buy these,...
Apple needs to make a car multimedia head unit - iOS for the car is a great idea but please dont make me buy a new $40,000 dongle every 3 or 4 years for the latest software and hardware.    A 2-DIN head unit would fit nicely into most cars on the road today and hands free mics can easily be rigged into the windshield column fairly seamlessly. Apple could deliver a high quality experiances  by having Apple certified installers and retailer partners as the only ones...
Windows phone...Not MS as a whole, just the phone part...stick with me...   the punk mindset comes from the days when the apple thing was like 2-6% f whatever market they were in (workstation, desktop, laptop whatever)  and they were willing and able to take snarky cheap shots at any and all competitors (for example the Intel snail video  (Pentium 2 vs G3 ))     I see a lot of the same sort of thing in the phone platform division at MS, I say this as a happy Windows phone...
Apples IOS is not really Windows, Android is...Fo two reasons Ecosystem: I cn buy a windows license and do anything wth it, I can put it on any hardware that can run it, I can replace the shell, I can do pretty much anything.   I can also create android software and distribute it without the blessing of the mothership,   Apple ios runs only on their devices and allows practicaly no customization, also cant distribute software without apples blessing...that is why...
i know,  I just found it funny and thought the group here would get a chuckle.
I was listening to some talk radio and heard an ad for gold/silver... nothing strange there but there is a twist. The salesman claimed that Apple has delayed the production of all Macs because of silver shortages!  I personally found this so funny that I wanted to share it after I stopped laughing and regained my composure...   Note, I do keep an eye on metals, as I also watch the markets as a lite hobby, and silver has been holding between 28-32 for a while and is...
The last sentence of the lead graph on WSJ reads "people familiar with the situation said." was this a janitor within earshot of what he thought to be an OEM price negotiation phone call? was it one of the guys making the call? we don't know. Interestingly, all the crap about the Apple iWatch, iTV and such being announced "within the month or so" that we have been hearing since before Steve Jobs died were credited the same way, "people familiar with the situation..." I...