or Connect

Posts by a_greer

Windows phone...Not MS as a whole, just the phone part...stick with me...   the punk mindset comes from the days when the apple thing was like 2-6% f whatever market they were in (workstation, desktop, laptop whatever)  and they were willing and able to take snarky cheap shots at any and all competitors (for example the Intel snail video  (Pentium 2 vs G3 ))     I see a lot of the same sort of thing in the phone platform division at MS, I say this as a happy Windows phone...
Apples IOS is not really Windows, Android is...Fo two reasons Ecosystem: I cn buy a windows license and do anything wth it, I can put it on any hardware that can run it, I can replace the shell, I can do pretty much anything.   I can also create android software and distribute it without the blessing of the mothership,   Apple ios runs only on their devices and allows practicaly no customization, also cant distribute software without apples blessing...that is why...
i know,  I just found it funny and thought the group here would get a chuckle.
I was listening to some talk radio and heard an ad for gold/silver... nothing strange there but there is a twist. The salesman claimed that Apple has delayed the production of all Macs because of silver shortages!  I personally found this so funny that I wanted to share it after I stopped laughing and regained my composure...   Note, I do keep an eye on metals, as I also watch the markets as a lite hobby, and silver has been holding between 28-32 for a while and is...
The last sentence of the lead graph on WSJ reads "people familiar with the situation said." was this a janitor within earshot of what he thought to be an OEM price negotiation phone call? was it one of the guys making the call? we don't know. Interestingly, all the crap about the Apple iWatch, iTV and such being announced "within the month or so" that we have been hearing since before Steve Jobs died were credited the same way, "people familiar with the situation..." I...
2 things:   First, Windows 8, in every benchmark I have seen, and in my own experiance, on my 2 laptops, desktop and a handfull of VMs I use, Windows 8 is faster than windows 7 in a meaningful way, same goes for Server 2012 over Server 2008R2. That Asus you were playing with was probably loaded with OEM Crudware...want to test Windows 8? test a copy fre of OEM crapware and also free of any Symantec or Maccafee products.   As to your second point, Windows is a platform,...
The iPad is representative of a new category. PCs are mature. Many corperations keep PCs for 3-4 years, but because the ipad is so new, and since Apple holds back key features and trickles them out one at a time, people tend to buy new every year, or two at most - I dont know anyone still using an iPad 1, but I know lots of people happily and productively using PCs from that era or before. An anecdotal example of this is a friend of mine who has had 4 smart phones since...
Write a business case, convince IT and business leadership that iPads are better/faster/cheaper and/or improve business efficiancy and profitability. If you can prove that iPads can mke more money and / or cost less to manage, then guess what? business will adapt! Businesses exist to make money, iPads are being used where they make sense, but the boring unsexy laptops and desktops also make business sense - that is the cold hard truth, you work to make your company...
I sort of think that people are missing something here: PCs arent going unused, they just work longer, teh laptop i bought in 2004 needed to be replaced in 2006, and that one needed replaced in 2008. the one from 2008 worked fine for me till mid last year, and I plan to make my current PC work till at least q1 2015 - On the other hand, the flip phone on my belt in 2005 worked just fine untill 2008 when I got an iphone, which I replaced in 2009, 2010, and early 2012 - I...
http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=8569D93DA5CA7304The CAS latency and speed combo isn't on NE, but it is only $40 each so that means about $160 for 16 GB so I think my point is still valid.