or Connect

Posts by a_greer

what would you expect from the company that wont let you swap the damn battery on a cell phone?
The headline is misleading...Sure Apples rate of growth is faster than that of Windows but Windows is still 90 percent of the market so to say that mac sales outpace PC sales just based on the rate of changte is kindof misleading. I'm thirsty, where can an Apple fan get some Koolaid?
That is no good for pros. This is actually an argument I am using to get the one remaining Mac user in our marketing dept to go to Windows 7 on his next hardware upgrade...Apple has flipped the finger to the pro market, if you need to add a seat of Final Cut to meet a deadline, you cant. You simply cant add a seat of X to a workflow buit on FCS 2 or 3 so that means my usrs have two choices, Avid or Premier Pro (because we cant wait and gamble on what features apple will...
Why doesnt apple just once and for all fix the finance software issue on the Mac side? just hire a bunch of CPAs and book keepers to work with a team of engineers to build the business logic needed with the basic plumbing that is there with Numbers. The personal finance stuff in Numbers is pretty good, just make a few tweaks and maybe a different and more task specific UI and add some business intelligence and sell it for what? $99 in the app store? they would make a...
You could do what my grandfather did on the farm a handfull of decades ago... he called the sheriff to report that someone was in his barn and needed to be arrested because he felt it was a threat to his livestock and family...the sheriff said a deputy could be there in an hour or two... My Grandfather called the Sheriffs office again about 10 minutes later and said "no need to send a deputy, I just shot the son of a bitch to death" The Sheriff himself came up to the farm...
Sadly that fact means nothing...BeOS was nice, so was IBMs OS2 - where are those now? OS2 lost out to Windows NT just like Android will beat the hell outa Webos...HP, like IBM before it, doesnt have the DNA of a PC/Tablet/phone OS software company...Apple however does...Apple is a software company that designs the hardware that it runs on because they dont like the other stuff that is out there, but face it, Apple is all about software -- an iphone with Android would be...
How on earth is this even a valid trademark? you cannot trademark generic terms, No one could get a trademark for shoe store, book store, or computer store - so why App Store? Is there anyone at the PTO who even knows what the fuck a computer is? are the PTO reviewers living in the dark ages?
The all you can eat subscription idea bothers me greatly I must say. It is a Trojan Horse used to ensure that we are FORCED to watch ads...think about it with me for a moment: starting with the idea that almost all professional video media other than cinematic film is done with the express intent of selling commercials, there are many people that don't want to give up that channel of communication -- hell, where would the iPad/Phone/whatever be without the early iPod ads...
as an owner of every gen of iphone, and an ipad 2 and mac minis and mac books and such, Visa and Amex dont think im an apple hater but it is absolutely a walled garden or gated community if you will...I forget who said this but the best describtion is that the web and internet in general (think wide open) is like a big city, lots of interesting things happening and artsy districts, great indy music scene, night life, farmers markets and such, with downsides like crime....
Ah so post pc era excludes Macs then? I see...well anyway back in the real world, Windows will continue to dominate. I see the iOS as a bubble...heres why, nothing else like it can gain traction in the way it has -- android is fractured like hell, Windows Mobile is an after thought and RIM is a laughing stock... IOS is a walled garden and they never last, look at Prodigy, AOL, Friendster, and lately RIM, all walled gardens and all collapsed and collapsing...