or Connect

Posts by a_greer

How on earth is this even a valid trademark? you cannot trademark generic terms, No one could get a trademark for shoe store, book store, or computer store - so why App Store? Is there anyone at the PTO who even knows what the fuck a computer is? are the PTO reviewers living in the dark ages?
The all you can eat subscription idea bothers me greatly I must say. It is a Trojan Horse used to ensure that we are FORCED to watch ads...think about it with me for a moment: starting with the idea that almost all professional video media other than cinematic film is done with the express intent of selling commercials, there are many people that don't want to give up that channel of communication -- hell, where would the iPad/Phone/whatever be without the early iPod ads...
as an owner of every gen of iphone, and an ipad 2 and mac minis and mac books and such, Visa and Amex dont think im an apple hater but it is absolutely a walled garden or gated community if you will...I forget who said this but the best describtion is that the web and internet in general (think wide open) is like a big city, lots of interesting things happening and artsy districts, great indy music scene, night life, farmers markets and such, with downsides like crime....
Ah so post pc era excludes Macs then? I see...well anyway back in the real world, Windows will continue to dominate. I see the iOS as a bubble...heres why, nothing else like it can gain traction in the way it has -- android is fractured like hell, Windows Mobile is an after thought and RIM is a laughing stock... IOS is a walled garden and they never last, look at Prodigy, AOL, Friendster, and lately RIM, all walled gardens and all collapsed and collapsing...
The Apple fanboys here and at sites like this one all seem to miss the fact that the iPad is just a toy when talking about teh post PC era...sure, it kicks the PCs ass when playing angery birds and watching reruns of House on hulu - but practical PRODUCTIVE usage is limited. With ios 5 everything is tied to iCloud which means that everything lives in Apple's data center...there is no way that I have found for corporate IT to disable that, not in exchange or SCCM 2012 and...
for the record you cant trademark a generic dictionary word like Channels...even if you could, Roku has had what it calls "channels" for years...netflix, hulu, MLB, and dozens of other content sources provide custom UIs that are launched from the Roku home screen.
one question, willapples own iad network utilize teh UDID? Is this meant as a privacy move of just a way to give their in house ad network a leg up?
yeah but if 6.7 Million was 1/10,000th of your bank account and you had a big deposit every three months, why the hell not?
OK, I bought and installed Lion on launch day and am happy with it. My sister will be in town this week, on leave from the Armed Forces, I want to install it on her mac book at that time but dont want to re download it at that time. I cant seem to re download it on my Lion upgraded mac, so is there a way to re download Lion and copy it to my USB flash drive from a lion installed Mac? Im probably gonna need to do several updates before loading Lion anyhow cause Im gonna...
why should they have? Flash was the golden goose, why would they want to release a competeing product too soom and take money away from a mature product that at this point is in maintenance mode -- the development costs from Flash are long since paid for so copies of that are just basically money in the bank as version changes now a days are minor tweaks barely enough to justify a new version number.