or Connect

Posts by a_greer

How was moto a dying company? Mobility makes not only some of the most popular phones, but pretty much every cable set top box and modem used by some of the largest MSOs in the world...they have a virtual printing press in that business, ScientificAtlanta is the only other game in town..
This is great! maybe if we have enough of this bullshit, we can get some much needed reform at the USPTO..
I dont like that meme as it isnt true. Windows has a lot of advantages tfor large organizations that no one else, even Apple, can match:  Integration with platforms that allow for manageability of company computer system via tools such as AD and SCCM tight integration and support for on prem or cloud or even 3rd party hosted solutions for private business systems that all work together: Sharepoint, Exchange, and Lync servers combined with Office Pro Plus clients make a...
this angle makes me ask one question: If apples are so easy to use why do apple users need some hyperactive 19 year old with a bit of a dickweed complex to tell them how to print a photo card or make a Keynote side deck?
The data as outlined is not what the headline implies. It says that consumers say they will use them for business, thats not the same as enterprise IT adoption. They are basically saying that they intend to, for example, check work email from the device.     An employee buying something and taking it to work doesnt mean that the enterprise is adopting it...a CIO signing a rec for a few hundred for a pilot may be enterprise adoption, but not some random employee buying one...
this looks like the headgear that Levar Burton's character wore in Star Trek TNG...
This is good for mid to hi end retail. $8-9 an hour is about par for stores like pottery barn, Macy's and places that I see in malls with apple stores. And this number is just for low level clerks, I was interviewing a few years ago for a genius position that paid double or more as base, plus bonuses and stuff. Also I used to sell cell phones in retail. Most apple store staff do not have the expertise to merit more pay. Everyone in the att or Verizon store can talk in...
There is a lot of crying foul over the7.8 issue and non upgrading to 8, but how about credit where credit is due, I would rather have a vendor say "hey, that hardware just cant handle the new stuff" I dont like it but I get it. Apple however makes people with the 3gs beleive that they are going to have IOS 6, when what they are going to have is nothing more than iOS 5 with a diferant and arguabley more limited maps application. Of the 10 features listed on Apples ios 6...
as a long time windows user and mac user who enjoys both platforms I love this! Let customers see how great Windows is when it isnt fucked up by oem crapware.   also I think the intel version is very compelling, its what I wanted the iPad to be - a tablet when it makes sence, leaned back on the couch, on a plane or something, but a serious laptop when I need to really work...1 device, no need to have internet connections everywhere and rely on and trust a third party...
And we've come full circle, now apple, the company that figuratively put the hammer thru big brother on the screening 1984 is now the one controlling the big screen...   so funny so sad.