or Connect

Posts by a_greer

this looks like the headgear that Levar Burton's character wore in Star Trek TNG...
This is good for mid to hi end retail. $8-9 an hour is about par for stores like pottery barn, Macy's and places that I see in malls with apple stores. And this number is just for low level clerks, I was interviewing a few years ago for a genius position that paid double or more as base, plus bonuses and stuff. Also I used to sell cell phones in retail. Most apple store staff do not have the expertise to merit more pay. Everyone in the att or Verizon store can talk in...
There is a lot of crying foul over the7.8 issue and non upgrading to 8, but how about credit where credit is due, I would rather have a vendor say "hey, that hardware just cant handle the new stuff" I dont like it but I get it. Apple however makes people with the 3gs beleive that they are going to have IOS 6, when what they are going to have is nothing more than iOS 5 with a diferant and arguabley more limited maps application. Of the 10 features listed on Apples ios 6...
as a long time windows user and mac user who enjoys both platforms I love this! Let customers see how great Windows is when it isnt fucked up by oem crapware.   also I think the intel version is very compelling, its what I wanted the iPad to be - a tablet when it makes sence, leaned back on the couch, on a plane or something, but a serious laptop when I need to really work...1 device, no need to have internet connections everywhere and rely on and trust a third party...
And we've come full circle, now apple, the company that figuratively put the hammer thru big brother on the screening 1984 is now the one controlling the big screen...   so funny so sad.
You know your needs far better than I, but it seems to me that you are using the wrong tool for the job, you would be better served with a small cluster of servers with a NAS on a segragated private LAN.   It sounds like you need real serious gear, and should invest in a nice rack of server equipment to build a BSD or Darwin cluster. You could use things like 10 gig e, higher end GPU options, better CPUs, 64GB or more of ram per box, not just per cluster, 10 gb ethernet,...
i wish that grocery stores would take after apple and start putting things together in a way that make seance, for example, milk and serial are far appart, soup and crackers are on opposite ends of the store, it pisses me off that you cant get things that go together TOGETHER! Penut Butter Jelly and bread are on three different corners of the store! why do grocers hate people?
I saw one of those at good will a couple years back, I just didnt know that the twiggy disks were so rare, I thought the first rev of the original mac was all 5.25 inch twiggies... DAMN I feel stupid now...
This is all abuot the IPO coming up, and face it, on Wall Street 2.0, you dont need to make actual money to have a hot as hell ipo - groupon anyone?
Without putting words in the mouth of the original poster, I really think it is a valid point - blocking non Apple approved apps and non Apple approved channels isnt like safety gear in cars, its like when car companies tried to deny warranty coverage because the owner decided to change the oil himself, or took it to a non-dealer auto shop to do so.