or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by a_greer

I dont see how this is anything but good news, the people that I know that work part time, or did at some point in their lives, did so cause they couldnt find full time work, so going from 16 to 24 hours a week will be great for them, that amount of money can in many cases be the differance between making rent or not.
have you USED windows phone 7.5? it was good enough to get me to give up iPhone, and I was there in 2007 baby! The apps are lacking, but that will come. Android is a hot mess, and Apple iOS is sitting on their success of 2007-2009, not innovating a bit, its like the Mac in the early 90s, it started as teh king of the hill, but Amega, BeOS, Windows, OS/2 and such were competing, and Apple just sat smugly until Windows 95 came out and wiped the floor with Macs of the...
First let me say that Windows Phone 7 is a good OS, in many ways it appears superior to iOS, and I have had the ability to hold and use a production Lumia 900 and it is fantastic, far more comfortable in my huge hands than the dainty little iPhone, but that said, this is embarrassing, MS/Nokia have a great product, they dont need to waste peoples time telling them why "apple sucks" particularly on a 2 year old flaw that was addressed in manufacturing revisions! Nokia and...
My contacts are in three places, iphone, itunes and icloud - I want to get them uot, in batch, not 1-by-1 and get them into a CSV for two reasons, one immediate desire to import them into a new software tool I want to play with, and secondly, overall, I just want my contacts in a plain non proprietary format and I am frightened over all that my data is so locked down, I dont want one fucking vcard for every single contact!
am I the only one a little sad about this sort of thing? I look at my book shelf and see a great thing, astheticly brautiful and eligant, and the books are usefull - you can read them without logging in and getting DRM approval, you can rely on them to bne there and not just randomly disappear when tehre is a copyright dispute (a la Orwell's "1984" on Kindle a while back) and most importantly, the right of first sale, that is it is mine, I can let you borrow it, I can give...
Sure, of course a percentage of free beta dlers are not gonna buy, thats the point, its a free test drive for the new customers and a preview of things to come for long time users who can give educated real world feedback. Ppl who have never used photoshop may download this and go buy essencials, or maybe, just maybe, someone with a couple grand in a nice Pro-Sumer SLR camera, flash cards, lenses and stuff as a hobby may see some value in the full PS CS 6 application and...
hmmm, I could get used to this Liberalisum thing! to that end, I am about to fill up my car for the week, may I forward you the bill? Honestly, I am right there with you because I wont be in this sub 40k situation for ever, I may not ever crack 250 but shit, the taxes are screwing all my friends who make slightly more than me...an average amongst my friends is something like a married couple making ~35-40 each so like 80k total with 2 kids ends up paying like 55% in taxes...
im paying like 0.12 now, in a suburb, but was paying like 0.08 when I lived in Indianapolis its self. I wish we had choice, two blocks away from me, I could get the cheaper IPL...God Bless Texas! LOLas to the suggestion about solar and wind? can you liberal geniuses fit those gadgets on the nicely shaded deck of my one bedroom apartment, and also, how do you propose I pay for that on a meager sub $40k salary?
simple: some devs dont want to start their own thing, thew want a nice job with a coosh salary so they can do their 40-60 hours a week and then be free to hang out with their kids and such and not have to stress about weather or not the app sells a ton, they get paid either way...I can assure you this wont be just a standard $50-100k dev job, this will pay really well, 200k+, if I am an IOS dev with a couple apps of my own in the store, in maintenance mode, I could gtake...
RIP RIM I do desktop management in a large enterprise with 1k+ seats and over 200 cell phones in the USA divisions alone. I can tell you BB is dead, its over, we cant manage iPhone as well as we could manage BB, but it turns out the exchange based management is good enough for the 90% of what we want to do from an IT perspective that is actually required -- the other 10 percent was nice to have but not key. Users love the iphones, deploying a BB was like giving someone a...
New Posts  All Forums: