or Connect

Posts by a_greer

Funny how the tables have turned, Microsoft is talking up how Windows 8 can run like a champ on an old PC with 1gb of ram (the demo at the launch event had 512MB), meaning that Windows 8 will run on lower end hardware than Win 7, which had lower needs than Vista... Now after a decade of bringing greater performance and a "faster mac" feeling on every build, now tehy are going bloat and killing off great hardware...With proper drivers, a 2008 Macbook, like the one on my...
No they dont! If they sold me the content, why cant I read it on a laptop? thats like saying that Walmart has to get differant rights to sell a DVD to watch on my laptop vs my big screen, that cant be right...
1 year, a new app and a few tweaks, plus a shitload of security fixes? Sounds like while Windows users get a whole new user interface and touch functionality, Apple users will be buying what MS give away for free, a service pack.
one of the big airlines, American I think, has already done the ipad transition. Also, as a US Citizen, weather you like iOS or not, you have to like the idea of the Government using our tax money on American products rather than Canadian products.
Good call, buy high sell low...wait a sec...
I know tons of ppl who jail break and I dont know one who steals bootleg apps, it was mostly to run apps that for whatever reason Apple didnt allow, like unix shells, and in earlier times, things like remote terminal apps, and remote desktop apps and such, but hey when all that stuff was made available in the app store, most of us stopped. The ones who continued, wanted home screen flexibility not offered by the stock apple stuff, so yeah the bootleggers are a small...
Allow me to speak for those of us who still believe in private property rights for a moment when I say "You couldn't be more wrong!" I paid for my iPhone 4, its damn near out of contract at this point and it is MY PROPERTY. If someone or a group of people want to hack it to do something cool, that is our right! now, that said, Apple absolutely has the right to disable it too, as the ios updates are their property, but hey, I have the right to not run the update if I know...
THANK YOU APPLE! I have been begging our reps at work for an HP laptop like this, lose the optical drive on the enterprise PCs, make them thinner and lighter! now with this I can just tell our reps "copy that macbook pro, and do it NOW!!!!!" I cant wait to see this thing in the flesh, and maybe finally replace my 5 year old MB that untill now has worked like a champ
LOL This is Apple Land! Money is no object here, we are "creative"!
That same statement could have been just as accurate 5 years ago! my last purchase, and current Mac, a White MacBook of the late 2007 variant came with 1GB of ram, it seemed fine untill I tried to do anything more than reading Apple Insider in Safari - I upgraded that bad boy to 4GB within 48 hours of purchase, and today I cringe at the thought of replacing it with a Macbook Pro whos max ram is 8GB...if I needed 4GB 4.5 years ago...why would I be happy with only 8 in a few...