or Connect

Posts by a_greer

Good call, buy high sell low...wait a sec...
I know tons of ppl who jail break and I dont know one who steals bootleg apps, it was mostly to run apps that for whatever reason Apple didnt allow, like unix shells, and in earlier times, things like remote terminal apps, and remote desktop apps and such, but hey when all that stuff was made available in the app store, most of us stopped. The ones who continued, wanted home screen flexibility not offered by the stock apple stuff, so yeah the bootleggers are a small...
Allow me to speak for those of us who still believe in private property rights for a moment when I say "You couldn't be more wrong!" I paid for my iPhone 4, its damn near out of contract at this point and it is MY PROPERTY. If someone or a group of people want to hack it to do something cool, that is our right! now, that said, Apple absolutely has the right to disable it too, as the ios updates are their property, but hey, I have the right to not run the update if I know...
THANK YOU APPLE! I have been begging our reps at work for an HP laptop like this, lose the optical drive on the enterprise PCs, make them thinner and lighter! now with this I can just tell our reps "copy that macbook pro, and do it NOW!!!!!" I cant wait to see this thing in the flesh, and maybe finally replace my 5 year old MB that untill now has worked like a champ
LOL This is Apple Land! Money is no object here, we are "creative"!
That same statement could have been just as accurate 5 years ago! my last purchase, and current Mac, a White MacBook of the late 2007 variant came with 1GB of ram, it seemed fine untill I tried to do anything more than reading Apple Insider in Safari - I upgraded that bad boy to 4GB within 48 hours of purchase, and today I cringe at the thought of replacing it with a Macbook Pro whos max ram is 8GB...if I needed 4GB 4.5 years ago...why would I be happy with only 8 in a few...
Thanks for the complementDictionary.com defines iconoclast as 1.a person who attacks cherished beliefs, traditional institutions, etc., as being based on error or superstition.2.a breaker or destroyer of images, especially those set up for religious veneration. We need to think critically about all technology, and not just drink the Apple kool-aid...I say this as an owner of 3 iphones, an iPad and 2 macs...so I am not just some mac basher, I like Apples tech but I dont...
No one makes you go to the cinema, you are free to wait for DVD, HBO, PPV or whatever, and you are also free not to watch...you are not free to keep your kids out of public school (unless you send them to a super costly private school or home school them, many parents are not capable of either option) Also you are forcing the teachers to use the content production tool that locks their content down and stores it in a closed proprietary format that cant go to any other...
god I dont even want to articulate whi I disagree, so heres the minimal view 1: google==big brother 2: No central management of android devices for organizations 3: different UI on dang near every device 4: way too many hands between software updates and users like manufacturers and carriers that want you to buy new devices, not get new functionality with free upgrades of firmware.
So let me get this straight...they got money from MS because MS locked people down and used their dominance to destroy competition, and are using that money for gear from a company that is proving to be far more draconian than MS when given a monopoly...Can you stream Apple TV shows to Google TV? Can you download that itunes purchased movie to your WP 7 phone for a trip? Can third parties write apps for those platforms that use Apple content? Can any non Apple devices...