or Connect

Posts by a_greer

Apple themselves say that iPad is post pc device. Why then is it counted as a PC? PCs are open to an extemt that allows flexibility not in the iPad... Also As a matter of fact, I think apples days with no tablet competitor are limited(I don't consider android tablets anything more than paper weights) this won't be popular here but I'm telling you, ive used windows8 and on a tablet, it's everything I wish the iPad could be. The new ui will kick ass on a tablet device.
reading the text you quoted I would say its more tongue in knee...
I am not against digital textbooks, or any sort of innovation like that, but I dont like the particulars of this scenario as there are so many issues with ipads as the only textbook interface for schools: here is a short list off of the top of my head:1: it forces everyone to go thru Apple ads the middle man, meaning that apple will ultimately set the pricing and terms, and this will restrict competition between publishers2: it requires every kid to have a very expensive...
Additionally I cant help but wonder what this will do to widen the economic divide...I would imagine that the richer school districts in upper crust yuppy suburbs will get this and inner city urban schools will be left with the scraps...and imagine if schools in bad neighborhoods get this, what will it do to crime? Not too many weeks ago there were stories in the press of people beating each other up and in one case I recall there was a death involved all over some $200...
This story is a perfect illistration of whats wrong with our tech media today - this is an anticdotal white paper put out by the vendor, and guess what, the new thing they want to sell looks good! shock! call me in a couple years when a few respected universities' schools of education have time to do a full random sample study with lots of controls and continued progress metrics...then I will buy it...a vendor white paper is just a sales flyer for people who really...
I remember a lot of people having a lot of complaints about the initial iPad, but as I recall there was a minor software update or two soon after launch that fixed some things, and then when ios 4 came to the device, everyone really started singing its praises. Give Amazon 9 more months and see where this thing stands, these sisues will be in teh rear view mirror and the fire OS and system software will have been tuned optimized and debugged to a greater extent. The...
because that _NEVER_ happens with apple gear!
Apples play games???? Now THATS a joke! I will be here all week, tip the waitress!
first, Google rolled out their music service as an upload only thing before Apple introduced their match service... Next: Apple relies on big software running on the device, and can only work on IOS. Google splaywe and store is all web standards based. It can work on anything. they are not copying apple, they are distributing music in their own way. And really I find it funny that people on an apple forum would be pissed about being supposedly copied...1st Steve 1:1 "Good...
12 hour workdays make me not care about the red underlines apperantly, that and I had to alt tab back to Chrome and finish getting the like 100 free tracks...