or Connect

Posts by a_greer

I dont know, but when I listen to 256k itunes music, it sounds slightly better than FM quality, when I listen to the 320k mp3 versions I have to be listening on a higher end system to really notice a differance between it and CD.
Ive been using the google music thing for a few moments now and feel the need to share my off teh cuff comparison to what Apple offers: Software/UI: Google wins Apple makes me download a clunckey client that is slow as molasys on my wuper fast wuad core PC with 6gb ram, no slouch of a box. The web interface for teh google playwe works nicely in Firefox and Chrome and loads FAST. Cloud and local storage: Google All I need to access my music is a browser, not a big...
I am up for renewal on 1 december and will definately begoing to droid at that time...most likely the new Galaxy || on att as I have to keep them so i dont lose my unlimited data. I may well be selling my iPad 2 to get the money for the new phone but I will not be selling my iphone 4...its going one of a few family members who think the iphone is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and compared to the moto flip phones they had before the iphones they use now, they are...
Ben Franklin said "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." ... This whole sand boxing movement that started with IOS and is now spreading to Mac and even Windows is a bit troubling. if someone makes an app that the gatekeepers dont like for whatever reason cant sell their apps to the majority of users... For people who see no trouble with this I give you the case of Camera+ This application used teh volume button as a shutter, Apple pulled the app,...
This is going to sound totally elitist, but I always just thought the sort of people who had this sort of creepy thing for stars like Michael Jackson, Elvis or Princes Dianna were relatively stupid...unable to really think for themselves independent of what the man on the TV says to think -- apparently this syndrome even effects people who I thought were smart...It is heartbreaking to see so many people who I thought were independent thinkers follow Jobs this way...Apple's...
All newer cards on windows support Open CL. All cards on windows for many many years have supported open GL. Direct X is a differant beast, but yeah, Windows supports GL and CL big time, just ask Autodesk or Adobe about that...
This is apple you are talking about! Try changing the battery in your iphone or macbook! Apple: Think Different; fuck the earth!
Hey apple, ditch the Xeon! some core 17 chips can run in 2 socket MOBOs, and can use non ECC ram and for Gods sake, just let your BIOS/EFI work with over teh counter Windows GPU cards...the best GPU in Macs is still at least on average 12-18 months behind windows workstations. Then with the one chip model they could easily get the price down to $1000-1200
IANAL but why does "on a screen" suddenly make something patent able? a metaphore to a physical action is not a new idea and a sliding bolt lock is also not a new idea...
Never count out MS...they are known for their third iteration being a hit -- windows 3.1 for example... Windows CE on checkbook size PCs that connected to external modems in the mid 90s was attempt 1, Windows Pocket PC/Mobile on palm like devices and phones like the Palm Treo was take 2, Win Phone is try three. the one where they get it right usually...and they have xbox and Zune, which gives them a leg up in gaming, and subscribtion music on every phone, apple cant do...