or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

Congratulations on successfully using the power of the pen (or the keyboard, in your case). But the fact that Apple (or one of its reps) buckled so quickly just confirms that Apple is like any other corporation at the end of the day. Not as bad as some, but no better than most. And I say that having spent all of my adult life in the corporate world and a long-time fan of Apple's products (my circa 1986 Mac Plus still works fine as far as I know). It's fine for people to...
I can't believe that so many in the (pop) financial media scoffed at the WWDC announcements. I guess if there aren't enough shiny things to catch their attention, things that actually help non-Hollywood types do more productive things don't matter.   As soon as I heard about the ability to make and receive calls (even by clicking links in Safari), I became elated. I didn't see enough of a reason to upgrade my iMac from Lion to Mountain Lion or Mavericks. But I WILL have...
I don't know anyone who has ever bought a Miley Cyrus album/CD and I have never seen anyone with a Miley Cyrus album/CD. I don't even know anyone who listens to Miley Cyrus on the radio. What does this mean? Other than it suggesting that I don't know anyone who listens to or buys crappy pop-tart music, not much. She's probably sold a lot more CDs than Apple has sold iPhone 5Cs, and yet I have never seen a Miley fan in the wild. I absolutely mean no offense to you. But it...
A malware program that spies and records? What's new about that?   FaceBook...
 Exotics and semi-exotics are already based on closed systems, both mechanical and electrical - and many associated components are based on OEM patents (so they're effectively closed too). You cannot buy most "common" parts for an antique Jag, Ferrari, Porsche or even a Mercedes at AutoZone or Pep Boys. But the fact that Lucas is no longer in business and Magnetti Marelli no longer produces most out of cycle parts has had no affect on the value of antique Jaguars and...
/tinfoil hat on/ Or maybe it's another attempt to manipulate AAPL down to $450. /tinfoil hat off/
 That would be fine, except that in order not to increase the deficit (any more than it's already being increased), the taxes on individuals (and/or the fees collected from other sources of revenue) would have to be increased by the roughly $250 billion annually lost through elimination of the tax on corporate profits. And corporations would have no incentive to cut prices on products or services by that or any other amount. This move would simply increase their profits....
 IMO, Apple should should make a bid for TWX. ;) $65 billion +/- should take it. How to pay for it? Float a "small" bond offering, cut the dividend and cut back on the share repurchase - all for just a brief time. Cousin Carl will have a nervous breakdown. I don't get an XFR. And Tim Cook forgoes his bonus. But that's my idea of shared suffering for the greater good. But however it plays out, if it comes to light that Cook has let the ball go over the middle of plate while...
 Foxxtron, eh? Yeah, good old Foxxtron... :shakeshead: Anyway, there is not a single thing that keeps any American based manufacturer from working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than a few do. And the last time I checked, 3rd shift employees are at work at 2AM, 3AM... right up til 7AM. Companies do all sorts of wild & crazy things these days: swing shifts, split shifts, weekend shifts. The wonders never cease. Considering my career and position working with various...
 With a current market cap of about $1.5 billion, Cook could write that check ($2 billion would probably take TiVo) and replenish the funds in no time. The key would be (properly and effectively) integrating the TiVo technology into the Apple ecosystem. But I'm not sure that Cook would have a plan for doing that, any more than he has (so far) shown for developing the AppleTV into something more than a hobby. I'm not an early adopter. And if a device doesn't do something I...